Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air powered 50mmto 90mm capacity nail guns

Options
  • 26-03-2008 11:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Any one any experience/thoughts/advice on the above?

Am sick of the paslode ones I have giving me loads of trouble so wonder about 'air'?

I appreciate that they are not as convenient as the gas fired ones: perhaps the air ones are only of use in a factory setup.

In addition, if you have the compressor, what dB is it, and what other 'air' tools do you find useful, other than pumping up the kids footballs:)

Any other suggestions welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

Hiya ircoha,
    I run a 15 gauge finish nailer(fires finish nails up to 50mm max, made by EZ FASTENER, bought it in McQuillans, think it was around 120 ) and a framing nailer(http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Framing-Nailer-564176.htm) off a 25l compressor that runs at about 89 db.If I'm trimming out a house I park the compressor in the hallway or on a landing and use a 10m hose to snake into each room.Works good.Same deal when framing, park the compressor, build walls flat on the deck and then raise them up. Its a bit tricky doing a roof because the hose can get caught up rafters and joists but you can work it.

Downside:
    The compressor is noisy. My compressor is at the minimum spec for the framing nailer in terms of cfm but it works ok. Last month when it was cold and I was working outside the compressor kept bogging down, I think the oil was getting too thick, once I moved it into the sun it was fine.|Maybe use a lighter weight oil in the winter.

Other tools I use a lot: Gravity feed spray gun and a cup gun , the business for furniture , doors , skirting etc.Big time saver.

Occasional use, but handy to have , hammer action impact chisel : good for taking off tiles. wrench, reciprocating saw ( kinda like a Sawzall)

and of course the inflator , car tires, wheel barrows and footballs ;-)

Get an in line lubricator for the nailers, saves you doing it every day.

My 2c worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sculptor

Render gun if you do any plastering, just dip it in the barrow and pull the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fingalian

sculptor,
    tell me more about this render gun please. Can you spray the sand/cement mix that goes over blockwork? Where can you buy one? Cheers.
    F.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭sculptor

PM me and I'll tell you where I bought mine.
    Would I be breaking any rules if I said I got it from a company in Wicklow that sells lime.

Advertisement