Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G-Spec wont cock

Options
  • 26-03-2008 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Got a G-Spec round a week ago fired round 200 shots through and it wont cock anymore. Have laylax reinforced sears have checked all of them and there doesnt appear to be any damage to them. The only thing that I could tell was a bit worn was the part of the piston that the sear catches could this be the problem??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

sean1ucc wrote: »
    The only thing that I could tell was a bit worn was the part of the piston that the sear catches could this be the problem??

haven't got any experience with g-specs myself, but that could be your problem, perhaps the upgraded sear has worn the piston prematurely? or the upgraded sear might not be aligned properly and is not catching the piston fully

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭sean1ucc

I got it done by redwolf so I would asume it is, doesnt look like its out of place or catching the sear wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

Its likley redwolf messed it up what spring to you have in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The vsr trigger units are supposed to be quite fiddly, though if it was working before the job was probably done correctly at the time.

As said above, the reinforced sear may well have worn the piston catch prematurely, which is unfortunate and should have been predicted by red wolf.

I may have read a guide on this before, I vaguely remember reading about getting reinforced sears for vsr's having a drawback, I'll try to find it tonight if I can.

For now Id say google the vsr trigger unit, there are guides available, and compare the images etc. to your piston, you may well need a new reinforced one.

yea im goin to take out the piston and turn it through 180' see if that works, got a 1J spring in there. Was goin to put in a PDI precision cylinder set into it anyways but didnt plan on doin it this soon though. Another question while im here aswell goin to put 554mm barrell in to it and just get a longer silencer for it asell as a couple of barrell spacers id custom make one or two for inside the silencer itself aswell should there be any problems with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

sean1ucc wrote: »
    yea im goin to take out the piston and turn it through 180' see if that works, got a 1J spring in there. Was goin to put in a PDI precision cylinder set into it anyways but didnt plan on doin it this soon though. Another question while im here aswell goin to put 554mm barrell in to it and just get a longer silencer for it asell as a couple of barrell spacers id custom make one or two for inside the silencer itself aswell should there be any problems with this?

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=220&cat=62 <guide to strip bar10

Same gun basically, might help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

I'd give redwolf an email.

fixed it just took the whole trigger assembly and put it back together again:D

Advertisement