Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essays

Options
  • 27-03-2008 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

...aren't they such a pain in the gicker?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Yep. Found out about one due for Friday today. It's my own fault for never coming in but still, bleh, only .825% of my overall grade though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

when you start calculating due essays out of your total degree it starts to get dangerous.. they all seem so miniscule and worthless :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

The one I've been staring at for the past 8 hours was due earlier today, and I'm still barely half-done.

And I have five more due in April.

Yippee.

what would we do without coffee and red bull?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

I HATE ESSAYS! argh, so much so it deserved caps.

I've 3 for the end of semester now so I've been trying to get them done now or at least started but it just isn't happening :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

0 down, 7 to go for me

i've never been this f**ked in my life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

actually just checking here, 2 of those essays are basically the same thing so thats one down and another is only a 15% gig that will be about 800 words or so that will take an hour to do

only 5 and half to go! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭ant043

thankfully its mostly exams on my course. i really really hate doing essays .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Yeah I've got five essays to do myself. I've got most of the readings for the essays, so I'll get started on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

6 to do, 2 of them 100%'ers, zero done, zero started. I did some photocopying today, it made me feel a little better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RIP-sanity

6 to do, 2 of them 100%'ers, zero done, zero started. I did some photocopying today, it made me feel a little better.

I don't know why but photocopying makes me feel like I've done something productive too.. Even though I generally lose my photocopies about 3 days later. Or just spend an hour highlighting in different colours.

Anywhoo.. Essays are spawn of satan, full stop. I am currently avoiding writing one due for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Guess you people really hate learning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'd rather essays than exams.

I have 4. 2 done. One left, due for Friday week, another for the last day of term.

It's good to be organised...pity I'm shagged for the exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭PennyLane

Ernie Ball wrote: »
    Guess you people really hate learning.

I don't know about you, but I don't learn very much from regurgitating 2500 words of other people's opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

PennyLane wrote: »
    I don't know about you, but I don't learn very much from regurgitating 2500 words of other people's opinions.

Perhaps that's the key to your problem.

get off ure bloody high horse ernie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

get off ure bloody high horse ernie

Oh, what a surprise, someone who can't be bothered typing one extra letter to spell 'your' correctly accusing someone else of being on a high horse.

haha the oul gramma' critics back at it again

Tosser%20poster%20low%20res.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

BIEUCDM Thread Level raised to Yellow...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Oh, what a surprise, someone who can't be bothered typing one extra letter to spell 'your' correctly accusing someone else of being on a high horse.

If you really want to be pedantic the whole word actually has to be rewritten to transform 'ure' to your! :D

• Advertisement

so back on topic... essays essays essays... what a pain in the gooch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Yeah, essays. They suck, but trying to avoid them gives me an excuse to clean my room, listen to music, play with a bouncing ball, learn how to juggle (how do you juggle with four!?!? Its impossible I tell you...) and drink a lot of tea. So its not all bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭*Hank Scorpio*

I have 4 more left, 3 2500 words one's, 2 are due in week 10 and 11, the other I am late with :( Hope I'll get some study in between doing them too. Stressed atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

I've 5 case studies of 1,000 words each to do.

That's be fine except out of the 6 we were given, only 8 of the class can actually do 5 of them.

I reckon we're gonna have great fun avoiding this on that principle. *buries head in the sand*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

PennyLane wrote: »

I think that's where you're falling down. You're not meant to simply regurgitate the facts that you've taken in a book. Instead, maybe you could try taking the arguments and comparing them with each other, and then in your conclusion state that x seems to have a more valid argument that y or z, etc. You're supposed to demonstrate that you can actually take different arguments and decide with which ones you agree most.

Btw, essays are much better than exams. You can spend ages preparing it and fine-tuning it, so that it's almost perfect, whereas in an exam it's the luck of the draw whether the question(s) you want come up.

Advertisement