Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Feeling the heat in the Sporting Emporium

• 27-03-2008 1:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

Does anybody notice the heat levels in the SE?

For whatever reason, I always find the heat over-powering in the card room. Is there any way they can turn it down? I would almost go to say it puts me off going there especially when there is a room full of players. Its just so hot at times.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

You are indeed right sir. For some reason in tournament play Table 1 and 3 are v warm whilst 2 and 4 are always cold. They cant get the balance right no matter how many timesit is pointed out to them. You would think they make enough money to get decent system but the management dont really care about the poker room. Thats not where they get their bonus's from. Kev

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Worse then the citywest on Friday afternoon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

you think it's bad now?

wait until mid-Summer :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Yep i agree its a bit off putting at times, a good recipe for picking up man flu!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

you think it's bad now?

wait until mid-Summer :eek:

but rag2gar will be busto by summer!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Sometimes it's hot in the SE, sometimes it not. it really depends on who is dealing. When it's HOT I just blind myself away and think of what it must be like to be in Poland or the Czech republic on a Friday night......

YULETIRED wrote: »
    Sometimes it's hot in the SE, sometimes it not. it really depends on who is dealing. When it's HOT I just blind myself away and think of what it must be like to be in Poland or the Czech republic on a Friday night......

...or Slovakia, woof woof

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Russh

I think it's coming from the cards the Chief has been getting......

in fairness to them, it was hot last night when I came in (around 10), I stuck it for few minutes and then asked John if he'd put on the AC. He did and it was fine for the rest of the night imo.

It is a funny room though with several individual microclimates, Table 4 in particular has an arctic breeze while the main cash table is a balmy tropical paradise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

I have actually never been so cold inside as i was in seat 1 table 4...its TOO cold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

The SE have addressed the problem and have come up with the perfect solution.....every time you are too hot Alex or John are going to get Charlie to slip a HRT tablet in your 7 up

Advertisement