Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chalethotel Bérangère - Les Deux Alpes

• 27-03-2008 1:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

On impulse I decided to have a look at what skiing trips are available in the next few weeks. As Im going solo I like the sound of the Mark Warner travel agents - all inclusive meals and no extra charge for solo traveller etc. Im thinking of Chalethotel Bérangère in Les Deux Alpes as its available for the 6th April (only week i can take off), it got good reviews on trip advisor, beginners slopes, has a ski-school I can pre-book, has pubs, restaurants onsite.

Its £800 for 7 nights accomodation, all meals, wine with dinner, ski-school, boots and skis hire. I have my own insurance. I'll have to make my own way there (as they only fly from Manchester and Birmingham) so I was going to fly with Aerlingus to Geneva (€200) and get picked up from there (which they said they can do), as there are no available flights with ryanair to Grenoble and the flights to Lyon are €340.

Now from reading through the various threads here I think that I may be paying over the odds, but Id appreciate your advice on this. Or if there is anyway to do the same type of resort, but cheaper.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Until you said that you'd have to make your own way due to the flights I was thinking that €800 is actually not too bad a deal for half board and lessons and hire as well, the wine with your meals helps as well. :D
    It is the end of the season though so prices should be quite a bit cheaper anyway, but you didn't say what star the hotel is claiming to be so it could be that your getting a better star rating rather than a cheaper price. Looks like they still have a decent amount of snow falling there as well though and that is the most important bit.
    7 day forecast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

OP, do you mean £800 or €800? If it's the latter, I think it is a fairly good price. Especially with meals included. What'll sting you in Les Deux Alpes is the cost of living, so not having to go out for meals will do your wallet the world of good.

Good resort as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

This is the hotel. Its supposed to be 4 star. http://www.markwarner.co.uk/ski/france/les-deux-alpes/chalethotel-berangere

It is 800 pounds alright. This includes return flights from birmingham (they dont go from Dublin) to geneva and transfer to the resort. Ive got cheapish flights from dublin to birmingham and a room in birmingham for the night before I fly out so im all sorted.

The snow report looks good. Thanks for your help guys. Im geting excited now:D:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hotel looks nice, glad you're not going to the ghetto that was our apartment block.

I reviewed the resort here and there are a couple of photos here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

why not fly to birmingham to pick up their flight... it's probably cheaper than a flight to geneva?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

tywy wrote: »
    why not fly to birmingham to pick up their flight... it's probably cheaper than a flight to geneva?

Thats what Im doing tywy. Im flying to Birmingham the day before.

Advertisement