Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Paddy20 no longer banned ?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

What is the situation in relation to Paddy20 being banned permanently, can he now be allowed to post his views.

Hoping for a positive response.

P. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

What were you permanently banned for in the first place?

Wtf, how is this account almost 6 years old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Lemme see...

edit: [PHP]Paddy20 Vexorg 20-11-2007 Permanent Never Forever [Lift Ban] Permanent Site Ban for abuse to and lack of respect for moderators[/PHP]

• Registered Users Posts: 83,210 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Paddy200 wrote: »
    What is the situation in relation to Paddy20 being banned permanently

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Paddy200

It was Paddy20 who was banned and told that he could NEVER post again on Boards.ie. ??..

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It was Paddy20 who was banned and told that he could NEVER post again on Boards.ie. ??..

P.
    What is your point? I presume that you are the owner of the paddy20 account.

rb_ie wrote: »
    What were you permanently banned for in the first place?

Wtf, how is this account almost 6 years old?

I would love to know what Paddy20 did to jusify a ban which included

the words that the ban would NEVER be lifted :confused:

P.

Did you read my post?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I would love to know what Paddy20 did to jusify a ban which included

the words that the ban would NEVER be lifted :confused:

P.
    If you read RoundyMooney's reply above you'll see that you were banned for abuse to and lack of respect for moderators.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Free the Paddy20002202022202020222000202!

• Advertisement

Bahaha crafty editing job there OP

Did you read my post?

I tried but failed, probably because I am not the most computer literate person in the world, which I believe you and others should take into consideration.

P.

I tried but failed, probably because I am not the most computer literate person in the world, which I believe you and others should take into consideration.

P.

"Permanent Site Ban for abuse to and lack of respect for moderators"

There you go. Easy to understand.

P.
    Being able to read and being able to use a computer are two different skills tbh.

First off you should go back to primary school and get the whole reading thing down, then maybe take a fas couse in computers, then come back to us in 2020 when you're fully skilled to post and read the responses on a forum and we'll see what the admins say.

Tbh.

Bahaha crafty editing job there OP

Yep. Pity about the thread title.

P.

It doesn't take Bill Gates to scroll across a window, or Mother Teresa to treat others with a modicum of respect. That applies whether you're sitting in an office chair looking into a laptop, or supping pints on a high stool...

OK, but Paddy20 was told he could NEVER have access or post on Boards.ie ever again. I do not understand why ?..

P.

OK, but Paddy20 was told he could NEVER have access or post on Boards.ie ever again. I do not understand why ?..

P.
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    "Permanent Site Ban for abuse to and lack of respect for moderators"

There you go. Easy to understand.

Are you blind or just fucking stupid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

P.

when your in a hole, quit digging, tbh
    you still have this account, whats so special about the other one?

you still have this account

I can't see this account lasting much longer.

Being able to read and being able to use a computer are two different skills tbh.

First off you should go back to primary school and get the whole reading thing down, then maybe take a fas couse in computers, then come back to us in 2020 when you're fully skilled to post and read the responses on a forum and we'll see what the admins say.

Tbh.

At my age (OAP) and disabled rules out going back to school, and I wll not be alive in 2020 ! Thanks for your understanding and humanity.

P.

• Advertisement

At my age (OAP) and disabled rules out going back to school, and I wll not be alive in 2020 ! Thanks for your understanding and humanity.

P.

Ah here just STFU. You've been told you're not gettin back in so build the proverbial bridge and jump off it.

Here comes your siteban for 08'...

Xavi6 wrote:
    Ah here just STFU. You've been told you're not gettin back in so build the proverbial bridge and jump off it.

In fairness to the guy, most re-regs just stay quiet and don't draw attention on themselves (bar a few recent ones who are now gone and the others will be gone soon hopefully), he was just being nice by asking ;)

Or more realistically, he just isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...

when your in a hole, quit digging, tbh
    you still have this account, whats so special about the other one?

As far as I am aware Paddy20 was banned without any right of reply, and I appreciate that Board's is undemocratic. I did not know it was also inhumane ?/..

P.

like rb_ie said wtf is the point in bringing this back up? quit youre trolling Id siteban you just for that.

As far as I am aware Paddy20 was banned without any right of reply, and I appreciate that Board's is undemocratic. I did not know it was also inhumane ?/..

P.
    It's not inhumane, abusive idiots just aren't tolerated here. If you fail to see why, then perhaps have a google and find a more accomodating forum.

OR, ask that you just post in The Thunderdome. The regulars there and yourself have a lot in common so you should fit in just fine.

It's not inhumane, abusive idiots just aren't tolerated here. If you fail to see why, then perhaps have a google and find a more accomodating forum.

OR, ask that you just post in The Thunderdome. The regulars there and yourself have a lot in common so you should fit in just fine.

Aren't you a regular there?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Paddy200 wrote:
    Well now you do.

Christ folks, there's no need for the 'go back to primary school', 'Are you blind or just f*cking stupid?' comments, telling him to jump off a bridge, etc. ... That's just ignorant and abusive yourselves. Have some common courtesy and some cop-on, ffs...

Paddy20 is (by his own account) a disabled and computer illiterate pensioner. That's been his excuse since he started posting on boards.ie some time ago. Crap excuse, granted, for being rude or abusive or not "respecting moderators", but hey, there you go.

Just to explain it (AGAIN), Paddy - the ban is permanent. You don't need to be young, able bodied or computer literate to know what that means but I'll explain it anyway:- The user "paddy20" will not be allowed access to boards.ie again. Ever. There's no point in campaigning to get access back for paddy20 or to find out any further reasons behind the ban.

Register with a new name or something and get back chatting again. Get on with your life. Plant a tree. Do something fun. Good luck!

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Aren't you a regular there?! :p

First that I have heard of it :confused:

P.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Paddy 200! An upgrade from Paddy 20. Featuring Thank mod capabilities, Multiquote and the pac smiley. But still banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement