Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with mobo...

Options
  • 27-03-2008 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

hey all, on a tight budget I had to completely overhaul my machine. I wound up getting a GeForce 6100SM-M2 board with and AMD 64x2 dual core 5000+ cpu. the problem i have is that when i try to up the video memory in the bios to 256mb Windows refuses to restart.

I have 2gb of ddr2 667mhz memory and I'm running Vista with all updates. I will be putting a better graphics card in whenever I can afford it (can anyone recommend one for around the 100-150 yo-yo mark???). Any help in my current problem is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    D. :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Have you tried updating the bios ? It might help with the problem. And for a graphics card i would reccomend a 9600gt, as it is right in your price range and a very good card.

Advertisement