Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just Cause - Suitable?

• 27-03-2008 8:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭

had this in the games forum but made a mistake with game name, thought I'd get a better response here.

Lads, is JUST CAUSE on 360 suitable for a 13 year old? I’m aware its rated 16 and not too concerned with the voilence as such, but is there anything of the adult nature in it?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

From what little i remember, its not particularly violent. You do kill plenty of people, but its not gratuitos (sp?). Its more about exploring the island, and messing around. I wouldnt see a problem with a 13 year old playing it i suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Trilla wrote: »
    I’m aware its rated 16 and not too concerned with the voilence as such, but is there anything of the adult nature in it?

Isn't violence "of an adult nature"? If you're not too concerned with that there isn't much worse out there is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Rainyface

Only played this briefly - cause I thought it was crap -
    Seem to remember there were some fairly adult references in it but I could be wrong. Not sure if a 13 year old would really like this though. Controls aren't the easiest to master!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rainyface wrote: »
    Not sure if a 13 year old would really like this though. Controls aren't the easiest to master!

he's a good gamer!

Isn't violence "of an adult nature"? If you're not too concerned with that there isn't much worse out there is there?

ah please you know what I mean? Guns are easier to explain and take in the right way other than other things of an adult nature. I'm not saying its pc, but you hear about killings and shootings on news every day, things of another nature are left for ppv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

its not very good you had to travel over long aareas doing nothing, ain't too much blood, very arcady

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Trilla wrote: »
    ah please you know what I mean? Guns are easier to explain and take in the right way other than other things of an adult nature. I'm not saying its pc, but you hear about killings and shootings on news every day, things of another nature are left for ppv

You hear about rape and child abuse every day too, that's hardly justification enough to allow a kid to play a game packed with it.

The game also involves take over a drug cartel. I would say leave it a couple of years, get him spiderman 3 or pro evo 08 instead. There's plenty of other games he could be playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,821 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Cactus Col wrote: »
    You hear about rape and child abuse every day too, that's hardly justification enough to allow a kid to play a game packed with it.

The game also involves take over a drug cartel. I would say leave it a couple of years, get him spiderman 3 or pro evo 08 instead. There's plenty of other games he could be playing.

Okay thanks again... Its just I was offered both this and Fifa Street 3 at v low prices. I'll give him the latter

Advertisement