Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oatabix

• 27-03-2008 9:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,700 ✭✭✭✭

what is the deal with this stuff? I'm familiar with Wheatabix but seemingly no matter how much milk I apply into my Oatabix it still congeals into a solid blob that looks like Tuna. I just dont get it :confused:

Theres none of that satisfaction had from a cold mouthful of milk.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

The missus had it yesterday and said it was muck.

I think they should have left it called 'Not-made-from-wheat-made-from-oats-instead-abix'. That add had me in stiches - I'm easily pleased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,700 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

its definitely lacking in something ill tell you what. By the end of the bowl its like eating a paste.

Now to get me some of those classic cheerios that just came back on the market.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Ewww I tried it once and gagged! The whole lot went in the bin - if you want oats then porridge is so much nicer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I don't particularly like weetabix, but compared to oatbix its like foie gras.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

I didn't like Weetabix as a kid and hadn't touched it in years. Decided to try Oatabix when it came out and really disliked it. Decided to give Weetabix another try and I really like it :) I have it every morning with chopped fruit (kiwi, half a banana, plum, pineapple or what ever else I can find) and some nuts and seeds. Can't imagine going back to any of the Nestle or Kelloggs cereals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Got a big box of weetabix about 2 months ago and have only eaten about 8 of them. By the time you get to the second one it's already absorbed acres of milk so it doesn't tasted nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Uh, place one Weetabix in bowl, add milk, eat. Then put in the other, add milk, eat. Repeat as necessary. Seems pretty simple, no????

As for me, I love all cereal, including Weetabix, SOGGY :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Punchesnpeaches

You can't beat a bowl of weetabix, warmed to soggy goo in the microwave and lots of honey, yummmmss. I tried oatibix and have to say that I really like them. I thought that I wouldn't as I don't like oat bread and stuff but I really like oatibix. Reminds of of readybrek. I agree that it is rather sticky though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,755 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Uh, place one Weetabix in bowl, add milk, eat. Then put in the other, add milk, eat. Repeat as necessary. Seems pretty simple, no????

The ONLY way to eat Weetabix...

Oatabix are just wrong...

Advertisement