Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weekend's premiership orgasmatron

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Saturday, 29 March 2008

Barclays Premier League
    Birmingham v Man City, 15:00 HOME
    Bolton v Arsenal, 15:00 DRAW
    Derby v Fulham, 15:00 DRAW
    Man Utd v Aston Villa, 17:15 HOME
    Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00 HOME
    Reading v Blackburn, 15:00 DRAW
    Sunderland v West Ham, 15:00 HOME

Sunday, 30 March 2008

Chelsea v Middlesbrough, 13:30 HOME
    Liverpool v Everton, 16:00 DRAW
    Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00 HOME

oh why oh why late goals when sunderland score yes but BUT ARSENAL GRRRRR

my €10 accum see above
    7/5
    11/4
    9/4
    4/5
    9/4
    5/4

without Arsenal late show I would have 3K+ going on to UTD AT 3/10:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Fair play to Keano...

Gets Sunderland in to the premiership in his first season, then keeps them in it in his second.

Europe beckons next season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

smemon wrote: »
    Fair play to Keano...

Gets Sunderland in to the premiership in his first season, then keeps them in it in his second.

Europe beckons next season :D

Meh I coulda kept them up on that budget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Roanldo with the cheekiest goal you will see all season! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

what a f*cking goal! :D

Lovely finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

What a goal!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

You have to love that. You just have to.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

there is no other way he could of kicked the ball at the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are Villa looking like they'll get a tonking?

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

They are actually holding up pretty well.

Oh btw, dont want MOTD or Sky Sports News tonight unless you want LOTS of the usual Ronaldo-love.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

It's times like these ye learn ye shud have sky! Roll on MOTD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Christ, it just gets better and better. :D

Teveth

Brilliant :)

Fantasy League points galore!!! w00t!

my €10 accum see above
    7/5
    11/4
    9/4
    4/5
    9/4
    5/4

Ah man thats harsh, unlucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

my €10 accum see above
    7/5
    11/4
    9/4
    4/5
    9/4
    5/4

Ouch, unlucky :)

Team rivalries aside, it's hard not to admire that kind of come back with 10 men.

United lucky not to concede there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

lol, Ronaldo ****s up the flick on, but he's just so good it still lands into Rooneys path :)

3-0 Rooney :D:D:D

Pro Evo dummy finish

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pro Evo dummy finish

lol i thought the exact same!! :D

4-0 Rooney

Brilliant.

1 goal, 3 assists.

10/10.

• Advertisement

If anybody wants to see the funniest thing, watch Laursens reaction after Ronaldos goal. He just looks at Ronaldo in utter amazement, it's hilarious :)

Ronaldo just has to look at ball these days and it ends up in the back of the net :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Just back in from playing football. Des what score did the Sunderland match finish?

:)

This could probably do with a thread of it's own but just wanted to mention Martin O'Neill. He seems to be looked on as some sort of messiah by a lot of people. At the end of the day Villa are a mid table team (league table doesnt lie remember) since he took over. No improvement on the days of Dave O'Leary, yet O'Leary is seen as some sort of devil figure as a manager (I'm not pro or anti O'Leary btw, dont really have an opinion on him tbh) Any thoughts?

I think his squad depth isn't enough. I think in the first half of the season, they looked a really impressive team. His first 11 can challenge most teams in the premiership. After the summer, their squad willl be deeper. I think MON is a great manager.

For me, they are the 7th best team in the premiership, after the top 4, Spurs, then by some distance Everton.
    I think next season Spurs will challenge for the top 4 personally, and I think we will see a sort of top 3 challenging for the league, and then one of the top 4 having a poor season and letting Spurs challenge.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    I think his squad depth isn't enough. I think in the first half of the season, they looked a really impressive team. His first 11 can challenge most teams in the premiership. After the summer, their squad willl be deeper. I think MON is a great manager.

For me, they are the 7th best team in the premiership, after the top 4, Spurs, then by some distance Everton.
    I think next season Spurs will challenge for the top 4 personally, and I think we will see a sort of top 3 challenging for the league, and then one of the top 4 having a poor season and letting Spurs challenge.

But the squad depth isnt there because he didnt put it in place. Not the sign of a great manager surely?

I still maintain that he has limited funds (not limited in the 10 million sense, but in the 30-40 million sense) and hence is waiting for the rights players to become availible in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I would rate Pompey ahead of Villa. Better in most positions of the field and still playing with a desire.

What Villa really lack is a goal machine, ala Defoe. They missed out there. Its no coincidence that Villa's downfall of ate has coincided with Laursen's goals drying up. Never good to be relying on your defenders for goals.

Don't think Spurs are quite up there yet to challenge for 4th spot, at best it will be top 7 for them. Holding onto Berba will be crucial for them.

one of the top 4 having a poor season and letting Spurs challenge.

By one of the top 4 you're of course referring to Arsenal or Liverpool ;)

Utd and Chelsea are too solid to fall apart any time soon.

Liverpool will probably start strongly next year then the wheels will come off (as usual) once the cup competitions kick in and rotation is need.

Arsenal are hit and miss... if you bully them you'll beat them.

I'd expect Everton and Portsmouth to get back in their zone next year (mid-table) and they *should* be replaced by Newcastle and Spurs.

Spurs should be in a position to challenge for 4th spot but i think they'll need to be knocked out of all competitions for that to happen as they won't have the legs to last the distance if they're involved in cups.

If i had to put money on the most vulnerable of the top 4, it would be Arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mayordenis wrote: »
    yes we al hate diouf, what i hate more is when a player is playing good football(diouf and bolton) somebody just keeps kicking them(robin van persin and arsenal) arsenal did the same against man utd and nani, petulence.

Bit like when utd kicked Arsenal off the park to end their unbeaten record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'd expect Everton and Portsmouth to get back in their zone next year (mid-table) and they *should* be replaced by Newcastle and Spurs.

You're too kind sir. As a Toon fan even i'm not that optimistic. 7th or 8th is where we need to aim for and then build on that for the next season, maybe even a cup run. Also, cue onslaught of Newcastle hating posts.

Weren't people saying that last season? That squad can only build on their experiences from this year.

My God that one of the most ridiculous penos ive ever seen given in the Birmingham vs Man City game.

Jesus, just saw that tackle by Diaby now, so similar to Eduardos leg breaker its unreal. An inch lower, and from a slightly more sideways angle, it would have defo broke the leg. Crazy tackle, the sooner that they are stamped out of the game the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Jesus, just saw that tackle by Diaby now, so similar to Eduardos leg breaker its unreal. An inch lower, and from a slightly more sideways angle, it would have defo broke the leg. Crazy tackle, the sooner that they are stamped out of the game the better.

He was just too quick for Diaby ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

My God that one of the most ridiculous penos ive ever seen given in the Birmingham vs Man City game.

yeah - such a dive from Benjani....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

OPENROAD wrote: »
    He was just too quick for Diaby ;)

Ban him for life!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭patrickc

patrickc wrote: »
    Saturday, 29 March 2008

Barclays Premier League
    Birmingham v Man City, 15:00 City
    Bolton v Arsenal, 15:00 Arse
    Derby v Fulham, 15:00 Fulham
    Man Utd v Aston Villa, Villa
    Portsmouth v Wigan, 15:00 pompey
    Reading v Blackburn, 15:00 reading
    Sunderland v West Ham, hammers

Sunday, 30 March 2008

Chelsea v Middlesbrough, 13:30 home
    Liverpool v Everton, 16:00 toffees
    Tottenham v Newcastle, 15:00 spurs

i didnt so well prediction wise today, ah tomorrow's another day

Rob Styles strikes again. Between him and Bennett the standard of EPL refereeing is getting worse before it gets better.
    Tauren wrote: »
    yeah - such a dive from Benjani....

Yes that's the one the ref got wrong alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

One post fits all!
    Jermaine Defoe, 7 goals in 7 games, impressive. Really surprised me he's done this well. Still, its a testament to how good Keane and Berbatov are.

I'm not surprised at all, always said he'd score with a run of games...now to see when they dry up how he'll respond. Worth pointing out that when Berbatov and Keane were playing like a pair of clowns Defoe was still left to make do with 10 minute run outs. Also worth pointing out he would not have been sold if he'd signed the new contract that had been on the table for six months, he only had a year and a half left on his existing deal.
    3-1 Brum. Watch MOTD later. The softest penalty you'll ever see. I really don't know why it was given.

Because it was Rob Styles and he hasn't a clue how to do his job.
    What a great day for football. Not only amazing games, but Fulham and Bolotn, horrible teams to watch, confirmed their relegation pretty much

Sorry to see Fulham go if they do, Craven Cottage is always a great day out and at least they're trying to play football unlike Brum's performance against Newcastle last week when it was like watching an u-7s reserve match.

People being saying that for years, and still they hang on. They're the new Germans...:pac:

It was a protective tackle apparently...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rob Styles strikes again. Between him and Bennett the standard of EPL refereeing is getting worse before it gets better.

Yes that's the one the ref got wrong alright :rolleyes:

I didn't think i'd be seeing a City fan admit it! Well done sir!

I may have just been messing around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

It was a protective tackle apparently...:rolleyes:

Yeah, I heard that. And "Taylor's was worse because it was much higher". Without wanting to get into this debate again, it was Eduardo's movement that did Taylor. Diaby came in head on and still managed to catch the Bolton player's standing leg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1-0 chelsea carvalho

kdjac

Chelsea 1-0 up already, crikey.

Title I think will be decided between the games between the top 3 left. If United manage to beat either Arsenal or Chelsea, I think they should be ok. If they lose to Arsenal and Chelsea, they are ****ed. I'd happily take two draws now :)
    I'm more confident about the Arsenal game, because they will have just played Liverpool 3 times, will be wrecked, and probably have picked up a couple of injuries. Chelsea is gona be an absolute bitch of a match, but I still think Grant is a poor manager and its shows in big games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

I fancy Chelsea for 3-0 in this game, its just a matter of time for more goals.

Spurs 4-2 Newcastle in the next game (hopefully not though :))

Everton are going to knick it, i'm 80% sure of it :D : 0-1 maybe

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Boro are utterly pooh, i expect them to equalise tho :confused:

Only makes sense if you watch chelsea fluff chance after chance, well not realyl chances more trying to bundle the the ball over the line.

kdjac

Advertisement