Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland having issues currently?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭zen63

Esat is not showing non Irish sites - we can see sites hosted with Eircom, 365, Blacknight, DigiWeb etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Yup... was having issues too..

Solved the problem tho by resetting the router and presumably getting an ip address that is not in one of the affected bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah your right so it seems Zen, this is really weird, I cant connect into my works VPN either.

Sucks to be on a static IP :(

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭DirksDiggler

Really poor in Co. Wexford (New Ross) this morning. Timing out all over the place :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I can't connect to MSN, my chatstat livechat program or my VOIP program X-LITE, can't connect to rapidshare, jumbletown.ie and a few others I've tried. Both my websites are fine, aswell as boards and eircom.

Is this the same issue you're all having?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Weird, all seems ok now, I didn't do anything:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yup exact problem, can connect to irish sites fine but not others like .com. I cant use gmail or gtalk.

Its working again in Douglas, Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

I had the same problem this morning before I went to work. I never reset my modem and it seems it (by this I mean BT) corrected itself by this afternoon. This is about the 3rd time this has happen in the past month, something odd going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Sar!

Yep once again by the time I got home yesterday it all seems to have miraculously fixed itself without resetting anything...lets hope they are increasing line speeds or something good rather than just becoming a bad ISP!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

yesterday was my first day in over 3 weeks that I didn't have one disconnect. Heres hoping it stays like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Adverts and Boards had DNS issues this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I've been having issues today. Changed my router from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.255.128 and so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Sarn

I find there are a certain range of IP in the 78.16... range that don't work.

Happened to me this evening again. I just disconnected and reconnected a few times till I was out of the range. Has been happening the past few months, easy enough to sort when you know how. For someone else who plugs and plays (i.e. my parents) it's a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pilotsnipes

Speed is terrible again this evening.

Anyone having problems, I'm on 8meg in swords, getting at best 500kb/s, average 300kb/s.

Advertisement