Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to the airport

Options
  • 27-03-2008 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here used the bus to the airport? I would rather take the bus that drive this Saturday morning, but I amn't sure how reliable the Bus Eireann service is!

I had a friend over visiting a few weeks back and he had to get them to put on a special bus to Blarney as the one on the timetable never showed up.

Am I better off just driving out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Skylink runs a private service between the city and the airport. I've never used it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Skylink runs a private service between the city and the airport. I've never used it myself.

I used to reply on the public bus service to get to/from the Airport Biz park every day years ago and if there was a private service back then I would have taken it happily.

Go private all the way for reliability..you cannot rely on the useless public transport service to the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

SKylink's service was crappier and yet more expensive than the Bus Eireann equivalent, which was surprisingly decent. Buses are something like every 45 mins or so (they've a timetable on the site that they actually adhere to, unlike most other Bus Eireann services) and I think it's about 3 euro one way, 5 euro for a return ticket.

It's no good for evenings or night-time though, think the last one runs at 8:30ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

so, are skylink still running ? Bus Eireann are no use for early flights, sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

I was thinking of using the kinsale one alright as it passes closer to the time I need to be there.
    http://www.buseireann.ie/site/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/local/249.pdf
    Where does this bus drop you off?

I waited for skylink once and it never showed up, so I had to race back up home in the pissing rain and get my car. That was about 6 months ago. Maybe they are better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Kimono-Girl

parasite wrote: »
    so, are skylink still running ? Bus Eireann are no use for early flights, sigh

yeah sky link are running but they are fairly unreliable!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Anyone know how much a taxi is out there from town?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I'd say about €14 for a taxi.
    Skylink is still running, I see their buses around town. Sounds like Bus Eireann might be more reliable though! The Kinsale buses drive right into the airport and stop outside the terminal.
    When Skylink first started up, Bus Eireann hugely improved their airport service around the same time. That may be why Skylink stopped their service for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

The bus is expensive, if you're traveling with two, you might as well use the service of a taxi ride, it'll only be a couple of euro more.

I always thought that the skylink is for hotel gowers and tourists...

Advertisement