Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conservatory continually leaking

Options
  • 27-03-2008 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi

My mother purchased a conservatory about 3 years ago, she brought it from what she thought was a reputable outfit, they were the most expensive but boasted the best customer service / quality etc. With furniture also bought from them the total cost was nearly €30,000.

3 years on and 3 leaks on the company are really starting to mess my mother around. For the last 3 or 4 months every time there has been heavy rain the conservatory fills up like a swimming pool. They have been out 3 times to fix one leak and it looks to be cured now, but now there is another leak just days after they fixed the previous one.

They keep promising to call out and don't show up. I have taken 2 days off work already where they didn't show up. Promise to return calls but never do.

I'm realy sick of them now. What is my best option for compelling them to replace the top part of the roof that continually leaks as well as the eletric fan where most of the water ran through?

I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks

B2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Given the cost involved here, you're really going to want to do this right. I'd see if you can get an independent engineer to inspect the conservatory to see if he can pinpoint what's wrong. Then get your solicitor to contact the company, with the engineer's report, and demand that they fix it, and possibly pay for the engineer too. Though you may not get away with that last bit, but it might be worth paying for if it gets fixed.

Simple, cheap routes, like Small Claims, won't work since the cost is so high. Also, I'm assuming she'd prefer to have the leak fixed, and not have the entire thing taken away.

Advertisement