Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

subscribing to threads

Options
  • 27-03-2008 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭

i'm having trouble with thread subscriptions. I want to be able to subscribe to threads and get emailed when there's a new post but i can't find an option to do that in the control panel.

the only option i can find is to subscribe to every thread i post in and receive email for all of them. is there any way to receive email from threads i've manually subscribed to without automatically subscribing to every thread i post in?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Go to 'Thread Tools' at the top of which ever thread you want to subscribe to then select 'subscribe to thread' when that window opens select 'instant notification by email'.

If you're already subscribed, then unsubscribe then resub as above.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thread tools > Subscribe to thread. This gives you a manual option and to state if you want email notification.

/EDIT doh, left the preview up too long before posting

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i really should have checked that first :D

thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

You can also manage your existing subscriptions at
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

You can tick off each thread you want to change and the drop down at the bottom lets you change notification types

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    i really should have checked that first :D

thanks
    newb :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement