Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Parking Signs

Options
  • 27-03-2008 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭

Seem to be up and running this morning.
    There is one beside Markievicz House and another beside Garden Hill.
    The two main car parks displayed on them are Quayside and the Glasshouse.

I hope they are accurate!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I noticed them yesterday evening at about 5pm.The first one just past Summerhill Roundabout said 61 spaces available and by the time I got to the next sign which was a bout 2 sets of traffic lights ahead it said 171 spaces available.
    I wonder if that was true,good to see them operating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

It sure looks good though doesn't it!

It sure does except for the message that shows up under it.Says something like "Welcome to Sligo" on one line and then under that "Parking spaces available" but the flow across the sign simultaneously so it's fairly hard to read them both.

must have another look!

I wonder if there are any plans to build anymore of them,it would be useful enough coming in from the Showgrounds area or the Calry road and should add a few more car parks to the list,even if it means Wine Street or Market Yard or Abbey Street.

• Advertisement

Well what they did was pop up so information signs which tell you:
    a) which car parks are Hourly and which ones are Daily and
    b) how many total spaces they have

It's a start.

I'm glad there is something now that tells you how many spaces there are,the last thing you want is to go towards Quayside and cars are in a que out the entrance obviously because its full and the car ahead cant go in until one leaves.

Oh and no I don't have any patience at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

At last they are up and running.
    I must have a look next time.
    I like cathedral sign the best where it says Spaces and full at the same time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

bobcar61 wrote: »
    It sure does except for the message that shows up under it.Says something like "Welcome to Sligo" on one line and then under that "Parking spaces available" but the flow across the sign simultaneously so it's fairly hard to read them both.

Yeah it looks a bit confusing.
    I was going by one evening after work and it was flashing some quick subliminal messages saying "Test" :)

It's good to see something like that but like everything I'll give it a couple of weeks before Sligo's best vandalises them.

Still showing "test"!
    God knows when they'll get them sorted!

• Advertisement

What says "test"...Ive not seen that.

Advertisement