Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser dryer problem

• 27-03-2008 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

I bought a condenser dryer because we have no vent in the house for a normal tumble dryer. Since day one there's an awful musky smell off the clothes when they come out of it. It's actually disgusting and it's gotten to the point where you can't wear the clothes that have been dried in it.
    Has this happened anyone else? Any tips on how to stop it happening?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Have you tried the Bounce tumble drier sheets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

you have to establish is if its a water problem -musty /sewedgey smells is normally water -what happens if you do a wash and dry the clothes elsewhere ,maybe a rad ,are they ok then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

knighted wrote: »
    you have to establish is if its a water problem -musty /sewedgey smells is normally water -what happens if you do a wash and dry the clothes elsewhere ,maybe a rad ,are they ok then?

They're fine everywhere else. Before I got the dryer I was washing them and drying them on the rads and a clothes horse and had no problems. I've tried spraying the clothes with febreeze after they come out of the dryer but that doesn't work. They still stink.

Advertisement