Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation Clinic

• 27-03-2008 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭

Hi all, Twiggy69 here. It's D Day. I have finally decided to do something about losing weight. I have my brother's wedding coming up on May 5th and I could do with losing 14lbs. I have tried WW in the past, but I am looking for something more radical.

Yes, I have heard that the slower you loose the weight, the better chance you have of keeping if off, but to be honest, I have between 45 - 60 lbs to loose, so dropping the first stone in 5 weeks should be do-able.

I have heard about this Motivation Clinic and am between two minds about joining. I believe it costs around €500, a small price if it results in the permanent weight loss I hope to achieve, but I'm just wondering if the same results could be achieved by attending WW for example.

Any feedback or experience on this matter would be very much appreciated.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Twiggy69

Thanks Faith, appreciate that!

If it were me I'd look into the diet myself. I think fitness have a mass low carb diet going on at the minute.
    I recently stumbled across a free online diet planner, you input your requirements, it gives you meal options and then it generates a shopping list for the week.
    I can't find it now, but maybe someone has a similar link?

I'd be inclined to put the 500 euro into a personal trainer. In my uniformed opinion, weight bearing excerise is the fast way to achieve size reduction.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Twiggy69

Wow,thanks for that Moonbaby

Hi Twiggy I found that planner again.

www.sparkpeople.com Have had a better look aound it....its preety bloody amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bellaa

Hi!

I have been attending the Motivation Clinic for the last 8 weeks. I had 40 or so pounds to lose and I am delighted to say that I have lost 17 pounds so far :)
    I am finding it excellent .. the one-to-one sessions every week ensure you stay focused and I suppose the most important thing is that they try to help you figure out your eating issues and help you change your behaviours so that hopefully your weightloss will be permanent.
    You listen to a cd every day and have a book to read and weekly sheets to fill in also. Each week you are weighed and they can tell from the scales how much fat and muscle and water you have lost/gained.
    It is basically a low fat, low carb diet (around 1000 calories a day) and you eat 2 protein bars (yum!) a day as snacks between meals. You also have to exercise at least 3 times a week. I know 1000 calories sounds a bit scary but honestly you get used to it very quickly and the protein bars ensure you are never hungry.
    It is expensive though .. €615 for a 20 week programme. Protein bars are €30 a week which over the 20 weeks adds up to €600. But in my opinion, if you can afford it it is well worth it. I can honestly say that joining the clinic has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Hope this helps :p

Advertisement