Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting website on inaccessible webspace?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,023 ✭✭✭

I uploaded a website to Eircom webspace around 5 years back ago when I was on dial up with them. Anyway I went to go edit it the other day only to realise you can only access Eircom webspace if they are still your isp. Thats fine I'll just find some other place to upload my website but how do I go about getting my old Eircom webspace deleted or wiped? At the moment the old site is still showing in a google search so if I upload an updated version of the site somewhere else then there will be two results for a google search of my website which are the old and new versions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You might be able to get Google et al to delist the old site, but I can't recall which steps they use to verify that you are the site owner ....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Can you access the webspace from any computer that uses eircom as the ISP?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Why don't you just set up a temp dial up connection to Eircom, go in and delete the contents.

1892 150 150

Advertisement