Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New SE phones on Meteor Bill?

• 27-03-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of new SE phones being released on Meteor Billpay in the near future?

I currently have a W810i which i love but looking for something newer now with similar size / enhanced functions. (phone has to have a light too,you wouldnt believe how handy the one on the 810 has been) ive been rejecting the w610 for a while as i didnt seem much better other than the smaller size and music player improvements. after months of waiting for them to get some of the newer models though, its still my only option.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I just got the w910i recently and it rawwwks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

cheers. when i compared that phone previously it didnt say there was a light included but when i go to the try it software online, its listed there as with my w810. although im not a fan of phones with moving parts, the fact its smaller and lighter & bigger screen may be the deciding factor. hopefully meteor have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

The one reservation Id have is that once you go over the 200/250 mark, you're getting close to iphone territory. Personally, I think the iphone is fantastic despite the high price, and I plan on picking one up some time.

Anyway, I got my w910i for a good price and I like it a lot. Shame theres no flash though. Oops, I just noticed from the carphone warehouse mag that its not on meteor. I got mine second-hand, simfree on adverts.ie.

Are you not interested in an iphone or a nokia? I think the Nokia E65 looks great.

I think now is a pretty good time for anyone wanting to buy a good second-hand phone in the 100-200 price-range. Lots of people getting iphones and flogging their old (and not so old) phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

years ago i used to spend a lot on phones but these days i just cant justify it anymore. i wait for my upgrade to come around and pick up one for a reasonable price. i have a habit of dropping them or throwing them im my pocket with whatever else so a nice shiny iphone screen wudnt last too long.
    my w810 was my first SE, and it took months of saying id never be able to change from nokia texting etc before i bit the bullet. once i got used to it i dont think id ever go back to nkia. the build quality on the SE was so much better than any nokia id had. guess ill just stick with my 29 euro w610 upgrade for the time being. might look into one of the new cybershots sim free later in the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

years ago i used to spend a lot on phones but these days i just cant justify it anymore. i wait for my upgrade to come around and pick up one for a reasonable price. i have a habit of dropping them or throwing them im my pocket with whatever else so a nice shiny iphone screen wudnt last too long.

The screen on the iPhone is very tough. There was a video put up on Youtube of a guy trying to scratch it with coins, keys and a razor blade. Not a mark was left on the screen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement