Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Sandwich Toaster

Comments

Do they have Tesco in Poland?

They have toast sandwich pockets to use in a regular toaster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think the Argos one looks fine - sometimes it's better to go for the cheaper on because they all get scratched eventually and you won't mind replacing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,997 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do they have Tesco in Poland?

They have toast sandwich pockets to use in a regular toaster.

They do indeed. As far as I'm aware they only opened up within the last year and it was just a 2 minute walk from where I was staying which was fantastic!

Ehhh not meaning to be stupid here but what are 'toast sandwich pockets' ???

I'm pretty sure I haven't the right name on them either.:o
    They are little plastic disposable slips that hold your sandwich together in the toaster. To be found in any supermarket.
    I just mentioned them because as Dizzy said, the sandwich toasters have no last.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I haven't the right name on them either.:o
    They are little plastic disposable slips that hold your sandwich together in the toaster. To be found in any supermarket.
    I just mentioned them because as Dizzy said, the sandwich toasters have no last.

Ahhh coola boola, many thanks Moonbaby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I find the George Foreman grill very good for doing toasted sandwiches too, just thought I'd throw that in :)

I find the George Foreman grill very good for doing toasted sandwiches too, just thought I'd throw that in :)

Hmnn we have limited space in the kitchen for appliances as it's just a small apartment so I think that'd be overkill but the idea had crossed my mind about a George Foreman, though I didn't know it could do toasted sandwiches, thanks Dizzy!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Can't beat the good aul fashioned grill as far as I'm concerned.

OK that's 2 votes for the George Foreman. Is there a particular model I should look at or does it make no difference?

Like the george foreman idea....but would the cheese not drip off the sandwich?

• Advertisement

eo980, I just have the Junior one - big enough for 4 chicken fillets or burgers.

Moonbaby, there is a little bit of seepage out the side of the sandwich sometimes but it cleans off really easy. I actually use it for paninis and wraps too, it squashes them right down but they're yummy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Toasties off George Foremans are delish!
    Just don't overpack the sambo with cheese (and use decent thick cut bread) and you'll be fine.
    End result is a scrummy pub-style toastie. Get a nice big cuppa tae and a bog o'Tayto and yer laughin!
    Jaysus, I'm hungry just thinking about it!

Thanks guys, everyone's been thanked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sandwich toasters make the edges go rock hard, I have broken teeth on them before.

There are better machines than the george foreman ones. I have used one that is sprung. The plates push against the food and make better contact so cook quicker. It also allows fat or thin stuff to be cooked quicker. It also had only slight grooves, more like bumps. I dont like the massive grooves on the george foreman, makes it hard to clean and doesnt cook as evenly.

To stop stuff seeping out I just put the bottom legs of the george foreman up onto a chopping board, so it is level. I also "fry" sandwiches at a low heat on a nonstick pan with no oil. If you put a tiny bit of butter on the outside of the sandwich it browns up very nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I use the toaster bag things - don't discount them! You can bring them into work etc. and just use them with a normal toaster.

Nyom. Now if only there weren't so many carbs in toasties :(

rubadub wrote: »
    I also "fry" sandwiches at a low heat on a nonstick pan with no oil. If you put a tiny bit of butter on the outside of the sandwich it browns up very nicely.

This reminds me of fried roast beef sandwiches I had as a child. Seriously yummy!!!

Got the Argos cheapy in the end and it works grand for my needs.

I bet you spend the next week trying out lots of different fillings!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

mmm try banana and nutella in your toastie maker

nom nom nom :D

Advertisement