Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic Service Charge

Options
  • 27-03-2008 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

I have just read some alarming figures from the following website:

http://www.electricpicnic.ie/html/ticket_info.html

At the bottom of the page it states:

Phone and Internet bookings are subject to 12.5% service charges. Agents fee is €2.50.

I can accept that service charges are a normal practice but I think that in this case the sum is excessive.

Tickets are advertised as €240.00 each. With 12.5% service charge and €2.50 agents fee it makes the cost €272.50. A difference of €32.50 per ticket!!!!

I have contacted POD and Aiken the promoters for confirmation and I've emailed the CAI.

Is anyone else incensed by this?

Tickets on sale tomorrow so any troop rallying would have to be done now!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

JimmyO wrote: »
    I've emailed the CAI.

What do you hope to gain by this though? I agree, the charge is ridiculous, but they're not hiding it or anything, it's right there plain and simple. If you don't like it, don't pay. I wouldn't pay that much.

It's not really a consumer issue, or a matter for the CAI, it's just another example of how expensive concerts have become, and how much the promoters charge on top for themselves.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The promoters will get this fee. The demand will be such that people will pay it. They know this, its why its set so high. Yes, it sucks but such is the way of supply and demand.

Publicising such high fees is a good idea, long term it might help. But you wont do anything for this particular event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

TM have charge 12.5% to a max of €6.35 ... You'll only be charged 6.35, not €30.

I have my Neil Young ticket with me, It cost 81.25, but I was only charged 6.35, not 10.15 which is 12.5% of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They've changed the site, it now says "Phone and Internet bookings are subject to €6.35. Agents fee is €2.50."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is this not promoted by a company that we are not allowed mention?

See sticky on top of page.

Apologies if I got it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm more incensed with the prices of the actual tickets.
    Prices are just crazy these days for gigs and concerts compared to most other countries.
    Is this not promoted by a company that we are not allowed mention?

Nope, EP isn't by 'those people'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Sorry about that. ;)

The links to the gig and "those people" is filtered at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I thought we werent aloud to mention "them people" or any of their events?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

this is a POD concerts and Aiken promotions event civis :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

ticketmaster fees are a complete joke. I really can never work out how they charge on a per ticket basis. Surely the same work goes into sending out an envelope with 4 tickets as with 1?

I recently bought 4 tickets for an event i can't mention. It really hit home how nonsensical it is when I read 'Total Service Charge €25.40'. Outrageous......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I just had a discussion about this in work. I dare anyone in ticketmaster or however they're acting for to justify this charge. Even a camper van ticket, which costs €60 ended up costing me €66.35. I maybe can deal with one service charge per booking but a service charge per ticket is outrageous.
    FFS noone has to do anything, it's all automated. And feic ticketmaster if they think I'm going to use the new express tickets option, if I'm paying that much money per ticket I expect them to be hand delivered by a naked virgin with velvet gloves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Did any of the American Artists lower their concert fees now that they get 1.50 US$ per €uro???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I once looked at running an event and had a meeting with ticketmaster.

Basically they will charge the event organiser a small basic fee + a charge per ticket which is the servcie fee. They estimate their income based on the number of tickets sold rather than the number of people buying tickets.

From a purely business point of view, if they charged per transaction, they would simply have a higher fee based on the average number of tickets per transaction and therefore poeple buying just one ticket would be unjustly penalised.

Nice to see a maximum charge now being applied.

Advertisement