Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J1er going to San Francisco

• 27-03-2008 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I'll be heading to San Francisco this summer from early June to mid-September, and I was wondering if any of you had advice on getting jobs in or around the city. I really would need to have a job arranged before travelling, so any tips you guys have would be invaluable. I'm currently trying the usual websites and scanning the job posts on Craigslist. Anything I should be doing otherwise?

Any tips on getting good accommodation?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

No-one at all? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

The American economy is in **** at the moment. Even American students are finding it hard to get jobs according to mates i still talk to over there. So i doubt it will be the best of years for J1ers in the jobs department.

Look up GAA clubs and try to get contacts through them. They will usually help people with accommodation and jobs. But you'd probably have to be wanting to play for the club.

Looking for a job over there is the same process as doing it here. All you can do is search the popular websites and send off a cv. Or you can search google for the most employable companies in SF and apply directly to them. Or search the college websites. Or go into a SF chat room somewhere and try find a student section and ask people where they usually look for jobs. Anything associated with colleges will always list jobs and accommodation as they are in the same boat as yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭arcade1

http://www.yelp.com/
    this is a review website for the san fran area, almost every business is on there with links to websites where you can find a way to contact the company, might be a help to anyone looking for work.
    little tip, moving companys, its tough work but its easy to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

That's really handy, thanks! Wish me luck!

Advertisement