Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ACM Mossberg M500 6mm shottie

• 27-03-2008 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭

Was looking at getting one of the Mossberg M500 shotties from gunner airsoft. I know shiva stocks the 8mm silver version, but i'm specifically looking for the 6mm black version. Does anyone have any experience with these, or is there anyone who can tell me anything about them. http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=114&products_id=872

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've heard they can be problematic, the 8MM version is supposed to be much better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭budda15c

Ya I read about a couple of problems in the reviews on Gunner. Is that a problem with just the 6mm version or is it across the board with all of them. The reason I dont want the 8mm version is because it will be a pain in the arse having two different size bb's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Apparently you don't get as much of a spread from the 6mm bb's, And I think tony is getting in the black mossberg 8mm, I saw one on display at his shop.

Also I was told the 8mm gives people a real slap when it hits them! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Motosam wrote: »
    Apparently you don't get as much of a spread from the 6mm bb's, And I think tony is getting in the black mossberg 8mm, I saw one on display at his shop.

Also I was told the 8mm gives people a real slap when it hits them! :eek:

And the sound when you rack it .... ooooooo yeah! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Lemming wrote: »
    And the sound when you rack it .... ooooooo yeah! :D

I held one last week, bloody nice, great weight to them, I have the 10€ plastic equivalent, bit of a difference!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Alvin T. Grey

Yes. They are nice. Very nice. Accurate too.

*smugly racks the slide on his black Mossberg*

budda15c wrote: »
    Ya I read about a couple of problems in the reviews on Gunner. Is that a problem with just the 6mm version or is it across the board with all of them. The reason I dont want the 8mm version is because it will be a pain in the arse having two different size bb's.
    Actually it's not such a pain.

Maybe I might get the 8mm version altogether but definitely want it in the black, not mad about the look of the silver one.. How many rounds can it hold..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

enough for 14 shots, 42 bb's thats were the problem lies.

Maybe I might get the 8mm version altogether but definitely want it in the black, not mad about the look of the silver one.. How many rounds can it hold..
    10-15 shots
    enough for 14 shots, 42 bb's thats were the problem lies.

What problem? That's 14 at least kills without reloading. You just have to pick your shots.

• Advertisement

I'm actually torn between getting one of these or a TM M3...Decisions decisions

zero19 wrote: »
    I'm actually torn between getting one of these or a TM M3...Decisions decisions

Half the price, and no shells to loose......

True but Gas vs Spring...I'll probably end up with both lol

Cheers for the advice lads.. Think I'm definitely gonna get 1 now, really want a gas shottie but dont fancy loosin any shells in a field when they cost nearly 20 bucks for 5 of em..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

What problem? That's 14 at least kills without reloading. You just have to pick your shots
    Ya but you got to be real picky with em, the spread is far from consistant, so someone mainly in cover [pallets not scrubs its flies through them :D] is often a complete waste to fire at considering the amount of shots you have and the random spread where as a Tm shotty is always worth a pot shot. In saying that its the most fun gun ever and i carry it with me no matter what load out im using :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

I would read thought this review and the follow posts (there a number of updates and mini reviews within the thread) cover most of the issues, the 6mm version does seem to have it problems and issues and performance seems to be rather inconsistent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭hoplite

I will soon be the proud owner of one of these.

M3Super90.jpg

The shotgun bug is catching :D

I'm probably getting the shorty m3, same length inner barrel but hell of a lot shorter and easy to transport (one of my main points when buying anything). But then there is the Spas 12...lol

Yep was considering the shorty too for the same reasons of portability. airsofteire had the super 90 in stock and I could not resist. 3 point sling with the shottie worn on the back will do the trick.

The full length Benelli is a nice looking shotgun though so its a lack of patience on my part and a trade off between aesthetics and practicality :)

There is always the hacksaw option :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I have a spring black one and its a laugh but pretty useless in a skirmish. BUT, I'm ashamed to say that in the old HRTA 5 of us got pinned by harlequin using one, we thought he was a sniper!

• Advertisement

I actually have a double eagle springer shottie and like lethal said, they're not that suited to a skirmish, but I have to admit its pretty dam accurate...

hoplite wrote: »
    Yep was considering the shorty too for the same reasons of portability. airsofteire had the super 90 in stock and I could not resist. 3 point sling with the shottie worn on the back will do the trick.

The full length Benelli is a nice looking shotgun though so its a lack of patience on my part and a trade off between aesthetics and practicality :)

There is always the hacksaw option :eek:
    It's a gorgeous looking piece alright, i've seen CQB modifications of it that look okay...

I actually have a double eagle springer shottie and like lethal said, they're not that suited to a skirmish, but I have to admit its pretty dam accurate...
    I have one too, they're great for the price, but suffer badly from a lack of iron sights

zero19 wrote: »
    I have one too, they're great for the price, but suffer badly from a lack of iron sights

Think the one I is the same as the one in MIA.. For what it cost me, I really have no complaints.. Same problem, it has a rail on the top and no iron sights, makes it a b@stard for trying to aim at anything..

Did you get a poxy red dot scope thing with it? Probably a DE rebrand if so

Sure did, threw it in the bin. IT also came with a cheap ass tac light.. Bought my one in spain but was well worth the money..

Lads its the tokyo marui m3 super 90 not the ASG shottie from MIA. Mind you I have one of the ASGs and they are good fun for the money.

Advertisement