Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing objects between C# and Delphi?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 1:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭

I am researching the best way of passing objects between C# and Delphi.
    Some software we developed has links to the ACT software package.
    ACT have recently updated their SDK and messed up our ACT links ><.

Any advice on the best way of passing a simple object between C# and Delphi? We where thinking webservices?

Any help appreciated.
    Endo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Never had to do it myself but you could try something like this:
    http://interop.managed-vcl.com/netinterop_csharp.php

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Think we've decided to use SOAP and XML, most dynamic route. Im scared, its myself and another recent graduate trying to figure this out, blind leading the partially sighted ><.
    I understand the concept behind SOAP and webservices, going to be a whole different story actually trying to implement it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Well I can't really give you much advice there. I've done a lot of training towards the MCPD and that included a fair bit of webservices stuff - its painfully easy in VS2005. I've only used webservices once or twice in Delphi - and again its nothing too difficult.

The only problem you may have is that Delphi 7 is pretty old - so you may run into one or two minor issues as you go. Having said that in work we have interoped Delphi 7 against 3rd party web services and have not had any issues. Of course your mileage may vary.

Enjoy!

D.

Advertisement