Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stronger Recoil Spring for 93r

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Just got my 93r this morning and the stock recoil spring isnt strong enough for the metal slide. Are replacment springs hard to come by, cant seem to find one in stock. There hardly the same as the one you would use in an m9 are they?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

cant say for definite but id imagine the recoil spring for the m92 might fit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

kinkstr wrote: »
    here hardly the same as the one you would use in an m9 are they?

I imagine it would be the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I hope so, waited for months to get one of these and i cant even full auto the ****er now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

Are you sure you have it selected to Full Auto? There are no markings, its in between safe and fire me finks.

Sure am monk, after the trigger is pulled it fires 1 bb, then the slide locks back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

Can you lock down the bb follower on the mag and dry fire it on full auto, see if it does the same thing?

Yea tried that, does the same thing, had her bust firing there for a minute but lasted for maybe 2 burst and then the slide locked back again.
    Jusy noticed that the occasional bb gets caught around the hop up, have turned it completely off and on with no change.

what brand of bbs are you using?

the 93r needs a bit of tlc with some oil every now and again, perhaps some silicone on the slide rails?

I oiled it as soon as i took it out of the box and am using Toy-jet 0.2g .2g COMPETITION TYPE 4000rd from ehobby, also tried .3g ksc ones.

• Advertisement

it doesnt specifically say m93r, but it might do the job alright, did you buy it with the metal slide fitted or fit it yourself?

It came with it.

hmmm... interesting, surely if you bought it from a retailer with the upgraded metal slide, they should have known to upgrade the recoil spring aswell? have you contacted the retailer you bought it from?

Yea, ive emailed ehobby about it, the customer service inst the best though.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭padmundo

I own a KSC M93r with a custom metal slide. I find that I have to tape the hold open lever as when it is fired on full auto the lever is shook into the locked position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

padmundo wrote: »
    I own a KSC M93r with a custom metal slide. I find that I have to tape the hold open lever as when it is fired on full auto the lever is shook into the locked position.

There should be a tiny spring that holds that lever down, then the follower can only push it up.

Replace or improve that spring and it should work.

Yea it seems to be that spring causing the problem, its extremely weak, finding one to fit it could be a pain in the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gonzoguy

First thing before you go and buy a new recoil spring and crap: i have a 93r i just bought, and underneath the rear of the slide (where the piston is) the hammer drags sometimes witht the metal. I'm filing my hammer down to combat this. But my 93r does the same thing. Just file it down, or if you have a graphite stick use it on the area and it should free it up.

Advertisement