Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leona Lewis tops US chart

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

JAMELIA, LEONA LEWIS, MARIAH CAREY

The words of Cromwell regarding Connaught spring to mind.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

She's doin my head in. Never off the bloody radio over here. Reminds me of why I never usually listen to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

lizann wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7316521.stm

Well done Leona

Now up yours Jamelia

They're both as talentless as each other, just like every other hyped up commercial karaoke singer out there. Just shows you that some people have no idea what music actually is..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hurray?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7316521.stm

Well done Leona

Now up yours Jamelia

Well that's just made my day.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Finally someone with talent comes out of one of these talent shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Sherifu wrote: »
    Finally someone with talent comes out of one of these talent shows.

I presume you mean the guy (or gal) who actually wrote the song and the song producer/engineers as apposed to Leona Lewis?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fair play to her, not my type of music but she has a great voice.

I presume you mean the guy (or gal) who actually wrote the song and the song producer/engineers as apposed to Leona Lewis?
    No, I mean the lady with the great voice. Are you a producer?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Leona Lewis tops US chart

:mad: May God have mercy on us all!

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    No, I mean the lady with the great voice. Are you a producer?

I wish! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭catyb20

Ah fair play to her, she is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

And I'm sure she'll still be fantastic in 18 months time when no one knows where the fuck she is

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And I'm sure she'll still be fantastic in 18 months time when no one knows where the fuck she is

Dude, as your attorney i advise you to leave this thread and return to the soccer forum. This is an evil place.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Congrats to her PR and marketing. Wait, no, lets hope they all die.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

she's pretty hot.

Mordeth wrote: »
    she's pretty hot.

So are a bunch of chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

She can absolutely sing.. dont like her music though, way too safe. Nothing interesting about the music in backround i mean... She is great though.. beats all the other winners no doubt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Eire 4Ever

Well done to her

Simon Cowell knows her to market her for the US and he well known and popular from American Idol

I think thats how Louis Walsh's artists dont do well in the US

Whats the betting that Leona will perform as a guest at some stage on American Idol

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eire 4Ever wrote: »
    Whats the betting that Leona will perform as a guest at some stage on American Idol
    Happened a few weeks ago I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭jayhaitch2

She kinda looks like the cowardly lion from the wizard of oz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

She can sing.
    So can Mariah Carey.

Don't like thier music? Fair enough. I'm not a big fan of theit singing either - too many notes going up and down in their singing. But don't slate them - they have talent. Just because they don't write their own music :rolleyes:

Slate the **** out of them. Lots of people can sing, the only reason they do well is because men want to have sex with them which is a very marketable trait. Without their tits they'd just be karaoke singers.

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona stand in front of that mic over there and sing these words we'v provided for you"

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona the intro and verse's sounds fine so well done for that. We dont like the second line in the chorus though as it doesnt appeal to our main demographic so we would like you to change it to_________"

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona the chorus sounds much more palatable to mainstream radio with the changes we'v made"

Producer/studio team to Leona's Manager: "ok shes done a really nice job on the lines we provided for her, you can take her back to the hotel now and we will call you in a week or so when we'v turned it into a hit single"

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona stand in front of that mic over there and sing these words we'v provided for you"

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona the intro and verse's sounds fine so well done for that. We dont like the second line in the chorus though as it doesnt appeal to our main demographic so we would like you to change it to_________"

Producer/studio team to Leona: "ok Leona the chorus sounds much more palatable to mainstream radio with the changes we'v made"

Producer/studio team to Leona's Manager: "ok shes done a really nice job on the lines we provided for her, you can take her back to the hotel now and we will call you in a week or so when we'v turned it into a hit single"
    ^ lol. Are you sure you're not a producer?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

As somebody who has never heard her on Irish radio, because I never listen to the radio ever, who has never seen her on pop idol or whatever it was she was on, because I don't even have a tv, I did once hear her sing on this show, I think it may have been a tribute to some singer or something along the lines of that. Whatever it was, her voice was really good. I didn't rush out and buy her songs or anything, didn't even download one :pac: But she has got a good voice, no denying it.

No different than the likes of Edith Piaf, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Aretha Franklin, Maria Callas then?

cormie wrote: »
    As somebody who has never heard her on Irish radio, because I never listen to the radio ever, who has never seen her on pop idol or whatever it was she was on, because I don't even have a tv, I did once hear her sing on this show, I think it may have been a tribute to some singer or something along the lines of that. Whatever it was, her voice was really good. I didn't rush out and buy her songs or anything, didn't even download one :pac: But she has got a good voice, no denying it.

Dont think anyone is denying she has a really good voice just pointing out the difference between having a great voice and having creative talent.

cormie wrote: »
    No different than the likes of Edith Piaf, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Aretha Franklin, Maria Callas then?

I'll refer you to the answer given above.

• Advertisement

Well you're saying she doesn't have talent, when she does :)

Advertisement