Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leona Lewis tops US chart

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

Sherifu wrote: »
    ^ lol. Are you sure you're not a producer?

Not a talented bone in me body so as I said, no! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Bren_M.Records

cormie wrote: »
    Well you're saying she doesn't have talent, when she does :)

"Creative" talent boss, you a politician by any chance? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

"Creative" talent boss, you a politician by any chance? :D

Well this is what was said:
    Finally someone with talent comes out of one of these talent shows.

Then you say:
    I presume you mean the guy (or gal) who actually wrote the song and the song producer/engineers as apposed to Leona Lewis?

No mention of creativity:pac:

Ok, so let's just agree that she may not be creative but has a really good voice ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Hmmm... Anyone familiar with my posts in music will know that I have nothing but contempt for X Factor type stuff, however the American market is notoriously difficult to break for international artists. And considering most X Factor winners vanish without a trace, this is quite remarkable.
    And the girl does have a great voice, which is a talent in itself. Yes, she's good-looking (I notice some of the guys who point that out have no problem with it usually :)), yes she has a team of marketing people, no she doesn't write or produce, but that doesn't mean she doesn't work her arse off... Plus, she seems quite humble and unassuming in interviews. Fair play to her I say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭SW81

And who's to say that in time she won't be writing her own stuff? She's probably terrified to say a word to anyone at the moment. Can't blame her, in time she might do her own thing but for now she's right to shut up and do what she's told, look where it's getting her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

BTW Jesse McCartney co-wrote Bleeding Love
    Leona Lewis is reportedly in talks to record the theme tune for the new James Bond film, Quantam of Solace.
    Leona’s manager Simon Cowell is said to have suggested to the movie’s producers she would be great given that she has had huge success in both the UK and US.
    It was last month that former Destiny’s Child star Beyonce Knowles was in talks to record the track after troubled singer Amy Winehouse pulled out.
    Amy, 24, reportedly backed out of recording the coveted soundtrack after a bust up with producer Mark Ronson.
    Last month, Ronson — who worked with Amy on her smash hit album Back to Black — said the ‘Rehab’ hitmaker was not in a fit state to make music; and that it would be “a miracle of science” if she recorded a song for the film.
    Source: Show Biz Spy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Dont think anyone is denying she has a really good voice just pointing out the difference between having a great voice and having creative talent.

Wait! Shut down rock 'n' roll and send that charlatan Elvis into my office! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

she's pretty hot.

She looks like a man...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Censorsh!t wrote: »
    She looks like a man...
    What sort of men do you hang round with :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

ShaneU wrote: »
    What sort of men do you hang round with :rolleyes:

well now that you say that......

..haha... but really, she does look like a tranny! Have you not seen her, dammit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

well done her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭rebeldiamond

Yeah, its quite amazing really. I do think she is talented and has a great voice, but I kinda wish that she didnt make it through a talent show..... surely it would mean so much more if she was just picked up for her great voice by an A&R rep or a record company etc...
    So i guess its still "well done" to her even though I must say her style of music is not my 'cup of tea' at all! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Yeah, its quite amazing really. I do think she is talented and has a great voice, but I kinda wish that she didnt make it through a talent show..... surely it would mean so much more if she was just picked up for her great voice by an A&R rep or a record company etc...
    So i guess its still "well done" to her even though I must say her style of music is not my 'cup of tea' at all! :)

Em,
    She was spotted long before X factor - had an album already recorded by a differant label just not released.
    Also, apperantly she was invited by the A&R people to go to X factor in order to be in the public eye and become popular..
    And, she said she just decided to audition while outside with boyfriend - it dont work like that, you have to apply for it months before and get an audition letter via post. And go thru 2 sets of producers (on differant days) BEFORE you meet simon & co...
    She was well and truely planted in there.. however - not questioning her talent vocally - well done her :)

Advertisement