Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting from Clara ... or possibly not !!!

• 27-03-2008 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

I've got the possibility of some work in Shannon Free Zone, which I believe is near Limerick ... I've never been to the West of Ireland and looking at the map it's a good old distance from my house in Clara.

Firstly, does anybody have any idea how long it will take to drive & what traffic is like going out West ? I'm guessing that it's going to take over 2 hours each way, probably more, so the daily commute, whilst possible, probaby isn't sensible.

I haven't got any further or more specific information yet, so don't even know the company, let alone the exact location, but does anybody have any idea of how much it might cost me to get B&B or preferably lodge / rent a room in that area ?

Cheers for any advice or help ...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

It would be crazy driving that route twice a day, every day.
    A double room around Shannon, to rent= ~€50 p.w.

(It's next to Shannon Airport, if you're looking for it on a map ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

Thank you Karoma, I must admit, the thought of that much driving doesn't really appeal to me, especially with the ever increasing cost of petrol !!!

Are you sure that a room is that cheap in that area ? €50 seems awfully low for a week's rent ...

Karoma wrote: »
    It would be crazy driving that route twice a day, every day.
    A double room around Shannon, to rent= ~€50 p.w.

(It's next to Shannon Airport, if you're looking for it on a map ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

It's shannon,its not exactly the hippest place on earth to live.
    You could live in limericm which would be more expensive but an easy commute if u get somewhere to live on the ennis side of town
    I regularly drive from tullamore to limerick which can take anything from an hour and a half to 2 hours.ud have to detour around limerick,so ud be looking at least 2 1/2 hours.

Best bet,try daft.ie

Advertisement