Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on new card

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey all, im looking for a new card to replace my ati radeon x1300 pro, so as u can assume anything is a step up, but basically it has to be low profile (small chasis compatible). And my budget isnt great, i was looking at the 256mb nVidia 8600gt? Any thoughts on this card? Any known compatibilty problems with Vista and dx10 games? I dont need too good a card either, im not gonna be runnin crysis like... Just halo 2 nd similar spec games i guess...

Any thoughts would be appreciated! Thanks in advance, Apollord.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

This 8600gt is probably your best bet, the DDR3 version is pretty decent and plays most modern games at acceptable settings... The DDR2 version is probably a lot worse but I don't know of a better Low profile card

Advertisement