Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Broadband and iPoker

• 27-03-2008 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am looking for a new BroadBand provider to use to play on iPoker, as I am currently using a 3G Three Broadboand and keep getting disconnected. I was thinking about NTL - Does any of you uses NTL to play on iPoker? If so, how is the connection like?

I see the minimu contract is 12 months - Is there a trial period? (1-2 days would enough for me). Also is there any extra installation charge in case of change of address?

Thank you for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm on the 6mb connection and find it to be more than adequate. Very rarely does it freeze and there have been very few problems since I started using it.

You'd be better off trying to get the opinion of someone else who's living in Limerick though. Waterfords cable network is one of the best in the country so signal strength has never really been an issue in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

NTL and ipoker was so bad for me that I don't play there anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Expanding on my point about the quality of the cable network, Dublin has an antiquated system with far too many splitters and signal boosters interfering with broadband frequencies. In other words, Dublin, especially the city, is in dire need of an overhaul.

Advertisement