Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling an Old & Unwanted Computer

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I've an old Dell here that, failing to find a new home among the people I know {it's old and there's no hard drive}, must go.

Kerrycoco.ie is useless - is there a local-ish place that accepts waste electronics? I have old hifi systems and the like to get rid of, as well, and if there's a designated location, I'd like to take them there.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭le_tigre

Good to know, thanks - what about other electronics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Throw them into a hedge or dump at the end of a cul de sac like everyone else.

I kid

If you are buying a new toaster the shop has to take the old one. If you are not buying a new toaster they should take it anyway if they sell that type of good. After that I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭le_tigre

kmick wrote: »

Ha, I can see the old speakers and half-complete stereos on the screen at the local cinema now. "Welcome to Kerry! This Kerry? {beaches, windsurfing, skinny birds in Tralee with a trashiness I would normally associate with eastern European mafia princesses} Or this Kerry? {the old electronics, turned into a fortress for rats, a dog squats, leaves a steaming pile nearby, and pauses to stare at the audience balefully before skulking offscreen}"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

kmick wrote: »

We are a filthy race aren't we:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What are we paying our WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE:D charges for, arent they to cover recycling of old and unwanted electrical goods?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ganymedian

You are entitled to bring any electronic waste to one of your local Civic Amenity sites and they must take it from you Free of Charge

This is a list of Kerry landfills

Kerry Co. Co.
    North Kerry Landfill 066 71 29 19 5
    Coolcaslagh Transfer Station (Killarney) 064 33 52 2
    Miltown Transfer Station 066 97 67 38 5
    Caherciveen Transfer Station 066 94 72 64 0
    Kenmare Transfer Station 087 68 63 10 6

or check out www.electronic-recycling.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭manoverboards

le_tigre wrote: »
    Hi,

I've an old Dell here that, failing to find a new home among the people I know {it's old and there's no hard drive}, must go.

Kerrycoco.ie is useless - is there a local-ish place that accepts waste electronics? I have old hifi systems and the like to get rid of, as well, and if there's a designated location, I'd like to take them there.

Thanks.

Did you get rid of this? I was talking to a friend over the weekend who is looking for old PC's as art of a community/art project they are trying to get going. He might be able to take it off your hand,let me know and I can PM you a contact for him

Advertisement