Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico broadband

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,

I want to get broadband in and was looking at perlico always on broadband and broadband plus packages as they appear to be the cheapest out there. Does anyone know if "no line rental" is actually true or is it just some promotional thing for the first few months? They are a lot cheaper than every other ISP so it just seems a bit too good to be true!

Also does anyone know what the speeds are like with perlico, do you actually get 1mb/2mb?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

They says it's no line rental, but really you're getting everything in the one package, your BB, phone calls, line for €50-odd or whatever. My folks have it, and their bills are a little cheaper than they were before with Eircom, but the big difference is in the BB, they have the 1MB package, and it is a pleasure to use (esp. after dial-up), good, consistant speeds, a bit above the 1MB last time I checked.

Just make sure you read the small print before you sign, make sure it's for you. If I had a telephone line already at my house, and needed broadband and a landline, I'd probably go with Perlico.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

Being a Perlico user myself one thing i would say is keep an eye on the download limits you are entitled to. I was getting 6GB a month download limit. I always made a point of keeping within these linits as well.

Then after christmas i was getting billed for going over the 6GB quota. Therefore i refused to pay the additional costs as i was 100% certain that i did not go over the 6GB limit. Now they have put my limit up to 10GB a month without even telling me! I'm not complaining either!

I find Perlico great and would recommend them to anyone, just keep an eye on the download limits that all!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Vodaphone bought them.
    It's just resold eircom and does have line rental. It's just bundled and paid to eircom by perlico.

The BB depends on how good your line is, as it is eircom line and equipment.

They are cheap because they don't charge enough. 17 M loss the year before Vodaphone bought them.

Advertisement