Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 27-03-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Over the last 18 months ish i have put on a fair bit of weight(1.5 stone+) due to a back problem stopping me being as active and final year in college i lived of junk.

Now my back is OK and i've finished college i've cut out alot of the crap(chocolate, crips, etc.) and have started training regualrly again. I play Gaelic so i train Monday and Wednesday(2 hours) and play indoor soccer(1.5 hours) on a thursday night. Also matches each sunday.

Now i know my diet isn't great but compared to this time last year it is alot better. I'm not a big salad/veg eater. Never liked them.

What i tend to eat:

Breakfast: Cereal(cheerios) with milk and a cup of tea.
    Lunch: Brown roll, ham, turkey,cheese and mayo.
    Dinner: Usually potatoes/chips with meat/fish/chicken or pasta/bolognesse(sp?)

Drink lots of water each day and dont tend to snack too much but if i do its usually a yogurt.

i'm looking for advice on how bad this diet still is... and tips on improving it.

As i said its a hell of alot better than it was but i'm still the same weight, around 14 and half stone and i'm 5'10". I am naturally quite big built(big shoulders, big legs etc.) and i've seen that my ideal weight is around 11 and half or 12 stone but i dont see that happening.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Here's a trick to reduce your calories and improve the quality of your diet at the same time.

Wherever you eat a sandwich, you eat the same filling, but put it on a big green salad instead of bread. And whatever you have for dinner, you keep the same meal but in place of rice/pasta/potatoes, you eat a huge portion of green veg instead. That should save you an easy 500 calories a day, and double your intake of vegetables.

Advertisement