Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Random photo thread v3.0

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Ooooh gorgeous rose shot riiight :D Beautiful bokeh, lovely soft colours...

You got a flickr/online gallery?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

2078677858_639661a63e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭riiight!

oh thanks for the praise. yeah I'm on flickr www.flickr.com/steeboy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

First time posting a pic (only new to this photo stuff)

For some reason I really like this pic

image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Calina wrote: »
    What filter did you use in the first shot here? I'm looking for something similar...

this was cutout filter under the artistic filters in cs3 with number of levels set at 8 im not 100% on the other levels i used there probably 6 and 3 as thats
    what its set to at the moment, I also applied Poster edges filter too in that image.

Looks kind of cool if use it on photos of people, gives a kind of lazy mans "Scanner Darkly" effect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭YogiBear

In the Phoenix Park yesterday! :)
    FBE1E53812684842924987A785FA234A-800.jpg?r=1

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

just found this one i never uploaded, probably y fav of them

2647168856_fc7529ffcc.jpg

guess who

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

is that pancho from dirty sanchez?

is that pancho from dirty sanchez?

bingo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Spider spider on the wall...

2647405862_3d80502179.jpg

This spider died shortly after this photo was taken. May it RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

West Cork.619787101B204B73B1933EFE2FB3D04F-500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

This spider died shortly after this photo was taken. May it RIP.
    How did it die or why?

How did it die or why?

it swallowed a fly...perhaps it died that way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

it swallowed a fly... perhaps it died that way
    why oh why did she swallow the fly...

Mel Your joke skills are on a par with Biffo cutting back on makeovers.

Poor spider.. I hope I don't die some day after swallowing a fly.. especially being a vegetarian.. what a way to go! :(

2B4FBF175E6F480183EE46580781E57B-800.jpg

Mel Your joke skills are on a par with Biffo cutting back on makeovers.

whos biffo?

whos biffo?
    The leader of the country perhaps? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

YogiBear wrote: »
    Poor spider.. I hope I don't die some day after swallowing a fly.. especially being a vegetarian.. what a way to go! :(
    It's ok you could swallow the spider to catch the fly.....

I'll get my coat

• Advertisement

The leader of the country perhaps? :p

:)

i'm a simple man, i really dont get it, i think i missed some news topic at some point

i'm a simple man, i really dont get it, i think i missed some news topic at some point
    Don't you worry your little head about it!! :D

Don't you worry your little head about it!! :D

fine :mad:

<goes back to crayons and 'keeping in the lines>

fine :mad:

<goes back to crayons and 'keeping in the lines>
    Oh you have crayons?! Can I play? The leader of the country has enough to worry about without him worrying about us worrying about him! Lets colour! :)

Oh you have crayons?! Can I play? The leader of the country has enough to worry about without him worrying about us worrying about him! Lets colour! :)

no you cant play.. last time you stuck them all up your nose and two never came out, one was white, the stupid pointless one no one uses so i didnt mind...but you took ol blue...ma boy blue :p

• Advertisement

no you cant play.. last time you stuck them all up your nose and two never came out, one was white, the stupid pointless one no one uses so i didnt mind...but you took ol blue...ma boy blue :p
    I always thought the white one was to colour over mistakes like when you go over the lines... :eek: .... Fine anyway :mad: I have my own markers.. and I have a blackboard and chalk too so just go away now before my violent streak breaks all your crayons into pieces... :mad:.... :o
    ... oh look.. Bambi! :
    A1E1BC5BF3B34ECBB3D071C4D882B287-800.jpg

tangent...ended

120015402_cdf525a433.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Killiney Bay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

8914A6AD8EAC49F09579BE0DE7F3A18B-500.jpg

How did it die or why?

If you _REALLY_ want to know, I killed it - Why? I don't like spiders and it was in my house.

• Advertisement

OMG! you don't mind photographing them though do ya?
    Why not just get someone else to move it out of your house if they scare you that much?

Also boasting about it's with us no more is not exactly going to enrich you to people either.

OMG! you don't mind photographing them though do ya?
    Why not just get someone else to move it out of your house if they scare you that much?

Also boasting about it's with us no more is not exactly going to enrich you to people either.

Actually yes I did mind.. I was holding the camera much closer than I was ever going to go! blindshooting tbh.

move it out? no, see then it can come back in.

Who's boasting.. you asked, I answered. Also it could well do, a lot of females don't like spiders either! :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Re this post...
    calex71 wrote: »
    this was cutout filter under the artistic filters in cs3 with number of levels set at 8 im not 100% on the other levels i used there probably 6 and 3 as thats
    what its set to at the moment, I also applied Poster edges filter too in that image.
    I've had a go at using the cutout (and other artistic) filters in PS - and just realised I'm only using CS2. It's just not giving me the same effect. Is that the only filtering you applied? - Because it looks amazing. Any other tutorials I can find on that effect involve actual sketching on the image - i.e. a lot more than playing with a filter. Hmmm - maybe CS3 is required...
    Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Actually yes I did mind.. I was holding the camera much closer than I was ever going to go! blindshooting tbh.

move it out? no, see then it can come back in.

Who's boasting.. you asked, I answered. Also it could well do, a lot of females don't like spiders either! :pac:

you did say "may it RIP" prettu pointless posting that.Dude spiders are generally more happy outside anyway and if it did come back in it was obvioulsy just a mistake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Tbh, I would have done the exact same... Tbh, I wouldn't even have bothered with the photograph in the first place :)

Aaaaaaaaand... Time for V4 of the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement