Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

`Making friends

Options
  • 27-03-2008 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hello everyone,
    I am not sure if anyone can relate but I just moved from one county to another and have no friends and am finding it hard to make them. What will I do

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LAG

Hello all,
    As with my other post you will see that i am trying to make new friends and from other posts Bebo seems to be the way to do it but how can you make friends on bebop. Just go to someone's page and say "Hi can i be your friend" is that not just a bit mad?

Do you mind me asking where you are living?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm sure if you become an active poster in the ladies lounge you could start asking for peoples bebos from here.

would a bit myspace-y (odd) just to add random people i think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

And if you look to the bridge on the right hand side of the bus,

Ladiez and gentleman, this is the home of Hollywood's most famous troll.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

That is not the way to go about making friends. you shouldn't post on bebo unless you know the person already and I don't think many people would like to give out their pages to random people from the internet. If you are in Dublin, why don't you come along to our meetup next Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Posting multiple threads looking for friends will help.

Threads are merged. Please don't start any more threads on the same subject.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking where you are living?

Now living in westmeath

Are you near a town like Athlone or Mullingar?

WindSock wrote: »
    That is not the way to go about making friends. you shouldn't post on bebo unless you know the person already .

I was being Sarcastic about that

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Are you near a town like Athlone or Mullingar?

Mullingar would be my closist big town

LAG wrote: »

ok so. How am I supposed to know that from 3 posts you have made? good look with trying to find friends and all that.

It wasn't at all apparent that you weren't being serious.

Mullingar would be my closist big town

So your in/near a small village so?
    If that is the case the best way to make friends is to look at the local rag.
    Ircc the Westmeath Examiner has a Mullingar bias.
    Look at the notes for your parish and join an activity.
    Or head down to the local boozer at the weekend and chat to randomers.
    Work quite well in a small place.

To meet a younger crowd, it might worth going to Mullingar and having a look joining activities there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

I was in a similar boat 4 years ago, moved to a small village near Mullingar and didn't know anyone in the entire county. I've found the people of Westmeath to be as friendly as any I've met in the world. The advice so far is solid, the pub is still where it all happens - if like most women you don't like going to pubs on your own head down on a table quiz or some fundraiser. Most towns/villages with new housing estates have active residents associations so find out when they meet - They're usually very friendly.

Most nights the pubs just have the same faces in them so they're more then happy to see a new face, hear a new voice.

Westmeath Examiner has a 5 things to do, 5 things to see in it every week. I can recomend the stables(behind the yukon) for live music(great cover bands) There's nice coffee shops(Fraynes, Ilia)

Knock into your neighbour, ask them for something innocous(lend of a ladder, tools, how much are the bin tags) where can i get my car serviced, get out and cut the grass, the country people's natural nosiness(and i mean this in a nice way) will get the better of them.

Westmeath ppl are obsessed with the weather, the phrases "not a bad day" and "getting cold out there" have crept into my daily expressions. The local shop/post office etc is always a good spot, notices are usually left up for local services which are usually cheaper then the ones who advertise in local papers.

I now know more people in Westmeath then I did in Dublin and have a much wider circle of friends and contacts and I don't consider myself outgoing. The first 6-10 months is the hardest but now it's unusual for me to go into Mullingar without bumping into at least 2 people I know. Check out the Westmeath board as well.

Advertisement