Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Modefied cars for sale?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

i am wondering if there is any garage out there that makes modded cars on demand? I don't have the knowledge to do it myself or actually i wouldn't want to.

simple:
    -I tell them what i like
    -they build
    -i pay

available in dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

do you mean you tell them what car you want then they go get it and then they do all the stuff you want modified to it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'd say most of the shops like pro-parts or icetronix would do it for you. You buy a car, tell them what mods you want, they will order and fit, but it will cost you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 stixand7bits

i do it but i am up in donegal. but it is very expensive if you dont do any of the work yourself. what sort of car are you looking to build track day or road going car to look hard if ya got the car and to get bodywork, ice, interior and runing gear your looking 5k easy. let me know what ya want and will give ya quote. labour rates in around dublin are high. your best way to do it is do the jobs in stages bodywork ice interior and alot of parts can be got 2nd hand which will lower your overall costs the only thing that wont change is paint job. there is alot of small jobs you can do yourself info is out there on the web. if ya need any help just give me a shout ok best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Why would you want it that easy??? half the fun of ownin a modified car is at least attemping the work your self or wit your mates!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

draffodx wrote: »
    do you mean you tell them what car you want then they go get it and then they do all the stuff you want modified to it?

Pretty much so, except i would provide the car , they would do the stuff there good at and i pay for the service.

There doesn't seem to be many modded cars out there for sale (or ugly ones)so was thinking how much it would cost to have one build.

• Advertisement

Try K-mods in fairview not too bad and cheap enuf too. he works wit ecc too so should have a big enough stock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

how much hassle can it be to pick out wheels and suspension you like, get a tyre shop to fit them, pick a bodykit you like and get a bodyshop to fit that, and find ICE and get an installer to fit it?

Surely if you know what you want, then getting someone else to do it is the easy part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

tbh , theres no modding scene in dublin... let alone ireland there all whats known as ricers... ( ricer - a car either modded with the worst taste , done as cheaply as possable or made as stupid as possable ) , go to england or get a pro to do it.... either way but you pay top dollar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

S.I.R wrote: »
    tbh , theres no modding scene in dublin... let alone ireland there all whats known as ricers:(

Are you stevie wonder or living in some form of cave?The scene is bigger than its ever been,and thats from someone whos been involved in it over the past 8 years.

Likewise theres no shortage of modded cars for sale,but to the Op,if you plan on letting someone do literally all the work your gonna be paying big money,and sure half the fun of modding is getting stuck in yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

S.I.R wrote: »
    tbh , theres no modding scene in dublin... let alone ireland there all whats known as ricers... ( ricer - a car either modded with the worst taste , done as cheaply as possable or made as stupid as possable ) , go to england or get a pro to do it.... either way but you pay top dollar :(

Ricer is american slang for japanese performance car I had thought.

Calling a non asian modified car a ricer doesnt really make sense to me to be honest but each to their own.

Anyway I have to disagree with your post, the modding scene is huge, loads of people are getting kits these days, even your average joe soap knows about alloys, light changes and lowering now.

All the people I know who got kits get panel beaters to spray them and put them on... I wouldn't class that as "done as cheaply as possable" as you said.

The people who you refer to in your post I would refer to as boy racers/knackers rather than modifyers.

• Advertisement

PaulKK wrote: »
    Ricer is american slang for japanese performance car I had thought.

Calling a non asian modified car a ricer doesnt really make sense to me to be honest but each to their own..

yeah ricer is a yank term!!! as in asains working in paddys!!!

@op jst buy red line for a few months and you wil see how easy it is to do the work yourself!!! im as useful @ manual labour as a woman but have cahnged some small things on my car myself!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TURRICAN

Wook wrote: »
    i am wondering if there is any garage out there that makes modded cars on demand? I don't have the knowledge to do it myself or actually i wouldn't want to.

simple:
    -I tell them what i like
    -they build
    -i pay

available in dublin?[/QUyou pay thru the teeth;)
    godd luck anyway.
    oh id try england first the euro is doing alot better than it has been recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Its easy enough mod your car Wook, but its easy nuf for me to say that cause i've a pit in my garage. What car are you thinking of, please god don't say a Glanza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭thesoulfulldude

stecleary wrote: »
    Why would you want it that easy??? half the fun of ownin a modified car is at least attemping the work your self or wit your mates!!

couldnt agree more! besides my aould fella seems to know everything i ask him :) helped fit new breaks, head unit, speakers, amp, sub, induction kit, suspention, built a new back shelf to fit the speakers and amp, alarm ect ect and its really interesting :) proably saved me 1k so far!

but if you are that lazy http://www.wkdimports.com/ probably the best in dublin for high preformance cars:o

but if you are that lazy http://www.wkdimports.com/ probably the best in dublin for high preformance cars:o

yeah if you have very very deep pockets!!!:eek:

Advertisement