Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

squirrels running all over my roof

Options
  • 27-03-2008 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

So i live in sweden and there are red squirrels everywhere. Really nice etc but they have become the bane of my life. They are running all over the roof of my appartment and basically being a nuisance. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

togster wrote: »
    So i live in sweden and there are red squirrels everywhere. Really nice etc but they have become the bane of my life. They are running all over the roof of my appartment and basically being a nuisance. Is there anything i can do to get rid of them.
    Get a cat if you are allowed one in the apartment complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

get some grey squirrels, that worked in ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭AlanSparrowhawk

togster wrote: »

What's the actual problem? Making noise? Would you be permitted to cut away the branches of the tree that let them onto the roof of the apartment? Or are they going up drain pipes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

i dont know how they are gettin up there. There is no branches. Its the noise because they run around all the time up there. I can't get a cat because im not allowed one. They are cute and all but they are a nuisance. Theres so many of them too. LOL at the grey squirrels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

you should be pleased, red squirrels are becoming very rare in this country. they are lovely little animals, the grey ones are too actually.

• Advertisement

kerrysgold wrote: »
    you should be pleased, red squirrels are becoming very rare in this country. they are lovely little animals, the grey ones are too actually.

What? Why would i be pleased? they wake me up and run around the whole time annoying the hell out of me. Talked to someone tonight and they are not on the protected list. They are going up the down pipes so i might put something slipp on them so they can't get a grip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

What about one of those high pitched noise making boxes that only rats can hear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

how about this?
    http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/squirrel_evictor.htm
    or Cayenne pepper ,Chilli pepper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭afatbollix

catch them and eat them...

davey180 wrote: »
    how about this?
    http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/squirrel_evictor.htm

Thanks for the suggestion and seems good for an attic but these squirrels run ontop of the roof so i don't think it would work. Will try the chilli powder though! Thanks

anto-t wrote: »
    catch them and eat them...

Eh no
    GA361 wrote: »
    What about one of those high pitched noise making boxes that only rats can hear?

Do you think it might work if i have it inside the appartment?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

Originally Posted by davey180
    how about this?
    http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/...el_evictor.htm
    Put the evictor on top (on roof?) maybe?

davey180 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by davey180
    how about this?
    http://www.pestcontrol-products.com/...el_evictor.htm
    Put the evictor on top (on roof?) maybe?

Yeah good point!!:) Ill try the pepper and stuff first. I don't know wht they insist on dancing around on my roof though. Can'y understand the appeal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thread closed. 1 banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement