Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania Predictions

• 27-03-2008 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

All the matches are set, so how about some predictions?

24 Man Battle Royal for an ECW Title Shot -
    This is taking place before the PPV, live on WWE.com. The participants are: Snitsky, Brian Kendrick, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Deuce, Domino, Elijah Burke, Festus, Jim Duggan, Bob Holly, Jamie Noble, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Lance Cade, Mark Henry, Matt Striker, Shannon Moore, Great Khali, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer, Trevor Murdoch and Val Venis

The only one of those guys that I think WWE really want to get on the PPV is Khali, so he's my pick. They could go for a more logical pick like Kofi, Dreamer or Kane though

ECW Title match - Chavo Guerrero vs Winner of Battle Royal
    I think there'll be a new champ

Bunnymania - Maria & Ashley vs Beth Phoenix & Melina
    I think the other women will be surrounding the ring. Snoop Dogg's doing something here too

They've got to have the Santino and Snoop Dogg interaction somewhere, with Maria getting the last laugh probably. I guess Beth & Melina will win the match though. As long as Santino is involved in some way this won't be a complete failure

Belfast Brawl - Finlay vs JBL
    I suppose this is a street fight. Hornswoggle will probably return here. I think who wins depends on whether the feud will continue or not. I think it will, so I'm going with JBL. Should be a decent match too

Smackdown vs Raw - Batista vs Umaga
    I think this'll be good too. Batista needs the win more so he's my pick

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Chris Jericho vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs John Morrison vs Mr Kennedy vs Carlito
    It went from being easy to pick to being hard. I still think that Matt Hardy could return here, but I don't think that he'll win, more than likely just prevent MVP from doing so. Although having said that, I think this match is between Jericho and MVP. I'll go with Jericho

Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather
    Depending on whether Floyd remembers what to do or not, this will either be good or bad. I think Mayweather will pick up the win somehow, I can't really see him losing. Big Show will probably destroy his posse afterwards

World Heavyweight Championship - Edge vs Undertaker
    Hmm...a year ago I'd be very excited for this match. But Edge doesn't look as good to me as he did a year ago. I'm sure that the ending will still be exciting, as Undertaker now has four finishing moves and Edge has got two. A spear into that stupid gogoplata maybe...

Considering how Edge has been recently, I don't think he's got any chance of winning here. I'd bet my house on Undertaker winning

WWE Title - Randy Orton vs HHH vs John Cena
    Should be a decent enough match, it has the potential to be great. All three guys are over and they're all capable of great matches. Build-up hasn't been the best though. HHH came off looking like a bigger heel than Orton I thought

My first choice for the outcome would be Orton retaining. I think he's done a great job with the title. Second choice would be Cena winning, but I think my third choice will be the outcome. It's been about four years since HHH had a proper title run, I'm shocked that he stayed away for that long. I don't know if he has long left at the top either, so he probably will get the win here

The Real Main Event! - Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels
    I'm really looking forward to this. I think the last time I was looking forward to a Wrestlemania match as much was either Angle vs Lesnar or Angle vs Michaels. They showed on Raw that they do care about Flair so I've got more faith in this match now

There's a dozen different things that could happen here. I think that the most basic one will happen though, and that's Flair getting pinned after the Sweet Chin Music. I wonder if they'll have some sort of Figure Four vs Reverse Figure Four spot in the match...I'm not sure how that would work though

The match should be good and Wrestlemania will be worth it for me just to see this match

That's all the matches as far as I know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Ill go with Khali unfortunately.

Khali

Maria and Ashley, with some comic moments thanks to santino and snoop!

Ill go with Finlay

I wish Umaga, but head says Batista

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Chris Jericho vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs John Morrison vs Mr Kennedy vs Carlito
    Hardy had this won till he screwed up, im hoping Carlito but again head says Jericho or Kennedy

Mayweather, only because he's the kind of fella that would never agree to lose. This could make Show look mega mega weak

Hopefully Undertaker

Triple H

HBK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'll go with Khali or Elijah Burke

Snoop dogg will help the playboy girls win.

JBL

Yeah Batista will win.

I'm going with CM punk, he'll be on RAW before long.

There's no way they'll have a clean victory in this, expect some sort of bullsh1t ending, most likely inteference from Floyd's gang.

Taker losing at Mania? don't be ridiculous.

Cena will win unfortunately, more $$$ for the "E"

Expect a lot of indecision from Michaels in going for the pin at first, then flair will start to slap him around and play the heel, michaels hits the sweet chin music, 1,2,3, flair hugs him, michaels raises flairs hand, confetti falls on a fabulous career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going with Kane

Kane

Who really cares?

If this is to continue then cant see past a JBL win

Batista

I think Jericho might win this

Mayweather simply because there is no way he would allow himself to come in and get beat

Undertaker

HHH

I have a feeling Flair might win this and then Flair can retire the next night on Raw on his own terms

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

what about flair beating hbk

kennedy winning mitb

kennedy cashes in to be the one to retire flair instead of title shot

flair beats kennedy to win title shot (somehow)

flair cashes in that same night vs hhh for the belt and wins

flair retires next night on raw leading wwe championship tournament

obviusly this wont happen but i heard this scenario talked about on the smart wrestling fan podcast yesterday and thought it wouldbe pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 wm24

24 Man Battle Royal for an ECW Title Shot -Mark Henry
    ECW Title match - Chavo Guerrero vs Winner of Battle Royal- Mark Henry
    Bunnymania - Maria & Ashley vs Beth Phoenix & Melina- Phoenix & Melina
    Belfast Brawl - Finlay vs JBL-JBL
    Smackdown vs Raw - Batista vs Umaga- Batista
    Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Chris Jericho vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs John Morrison vs Mr Kennedy vs Carlito - MVP
    Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather - Mayweather, wouldnt sign up to an embarressment
    World Heavyweight Championship - Edge vs Undertaker - Taker
    WWE Title - Randy Orton vs HHH vs John Cena - Between HHH and Cena, ratings say Cena
    The Real Main Event! - Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels - Ric Flair, going out with a BANG!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

24 Man Battle Royal for an ECW Title Shot -kane/kali
    ECW Title match - Chavo Guerrero vs Winner of Battle Royal-kane/kali
    Bunnymania - Maria & Ashley vs Beth Phoenix & Melina-maria & ashley
    Belfast Brawl - Finlay vs JBL-finley with something to do with hornswaggle
    Smackdown vs Raw - Batista vs Umaga-umaga
    Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Chris Jericho vs MVP vs Shelton Benjamin vs CM Punk vs John Morrison vs Mr Kennedy vs Carlito -chris jericho
    Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather -mayweather
    World Heavyweight Championship - Edge vs Undertaker -edge
    WWE Title - Randy Orton vs HHH vs John Cena -HHH
    The Real Main Event! - Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels -shawn michaels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

24 Man Battle Royal for an ECW Title Shot
    Lads Chavo is a heel so they won’t be doing a heel v heel title match so we can rule out Khali and Henry. IL go for Kane to win
    ECW Title match - Chavo Guerrero vs Kane
    Chavo to win by DQ, Kane will win the belt in a few months sadly, oh well at least he wont be given a belt with any real meaning!
    Bunnymania - Maria & Ashley vs Beth Phoenix & Melina-
    Only point of match is for Santino. Otherwise Maria has being pushed quite a bit so I expect her to win.
    JBL by dq, could be a fun match as well.
    Umaga destroying Batista would be hilarious as big bad Dave is so ****ing awful in the ring. Sadly useless Dave will get the win and cleanly as well.
    Shelton,Carlito and Morrison while good are not wining for sure. Punk only recently lost cleanly to Chavo so he is still not ready for a title shot and Kennedy has being getting no push at all recently so we can rule him out. I take Y2J to win with Matt screwing MVP.
    Big Show vs Floyd Mayweather –
    I hope Big Show will come out looking decent after this but sadly he’s going to lose, I can see Shane interfering on Floyds behalf for some reason as well.
    I don’t really mind either winning. Edge winning would be a real mania talking point moment, however Taker has being class all year and he deserves another title run. Taker for the win.
    Orton wining would be great but that wont happen so it’s a between Cena and HHH. Logic says HHH however next year Cena v Taker streak v streak mania 25 would be an absolute blockbuster. And trust me Vince has thought about this. IL go for Cena to win and no heel turn either.
    The Real Main Event! - Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels –
    HBK is going to have to do the most work to make this match watch able. Ric is past it in the ring, don’t believe me? Watch him against MVP and Kennedy and the matches were very mediocre. HBK will bust his ass to give Flair a fitting send of the least he deserves is the win. Sadly Ric will win though as that is what everybody wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'd say Val Venis. He deserves a push. He has been WWEs tester man for new talent on Heat for years and deserves a chance to show what he can do. He had a great match with King Booker on Raw during the beat the clock challenge(the one that Lashley won) and can put on a good match with anyone.

Again Venis. They can give Val the spot they were going to give Benoit and he can help the good young talent on ECW.

I don't care. They could have had a good Triple Threat match between Candice, James and Phoenix but they decided to go with the rubbish known as Bunnymania.

After all JBL has done to Hornswoggle and the very little that Finlay has done to JBL, I can't see JBL winning. Should be a very good brawl.

Umaga has not one a big match in his career. HHH- Lost, Cena- Lost,Team Umaga(Survivor Series)- Lost and Lashley- Lost and if he is to enter into a feud with Undertaker, which apparently he is going to, he needs to beat Batista.

MVP will be screwed by a Matt Hardy run in and CM Punk will win to get jim off the ECW brand as soon as possible.

Neither man can credibly lose. If Big Show is hammered (Bart Gunn/ Butterbean style) that will make Big Show look bad and if Mayweather goes all the way with Big Show and beats him it will make Big Show out to be a bad wrestler and kill his comeback push. Mayweather will not lose though as he will not want his undefeated streak to end in a "fake" sport.

There is no doubt that Undertaker will go 16-0. Edge is a very good heel and deserves a really long title run but this is not that title run. It should be a great match but there is no chance in hell that Undertaker will lose.

If WWE really want to establish Orton as the top heel and start a really good legacy then he should win. Though, HHH has spent a long time off the top and Cena does draw. I say HHH but I think Orton deserves it more. Orton was one of only a small number of top stars that did not get injured last year and he carried the WWE for half of last year and deserves a major run.

I'm going to say HBK. Flair can still wrestle, despite being 59, he can still go. He always pulls it out in the big matches. Undertaker, Edge, HHH, Foley and soon HBK. It will be a great match. The HOF will be a great moment. Though there could be two other finishes. HBK gets deliberately disqualified to keep Flairs career going and continue their feud onto Backlash or Flair could win and bow out on his own terms though that would be backtracking on his "I will never retire" promo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Kane

Kane.Been a mid carder for years and a solid worker.Cant see him ever holding a heavyweight belt again so it is a good opportunity to make him an ECW main-eventer

Who cares

Finlay to win with help from Hornswoggle.Expecting a pretty stiff match here.

Would think Batista.

Probably Y2J.He didnt come back to job at his first mania since his return.

Expecting a crappy finish to this one.Something like a double count out/DQ followed by a mass brawl.

Been thinking about this for a while and I have a niggly feeling Edge could sneak it.

Hopefully Orton but probably,sigh,Cena.

Gotta go with HBK.I can see the usual happening,couple of near falls for Flair,HBK tapping to figure 4 while the ref is down,HBK eventualy getting the pinfall after Flair kicks out of the first sweet chin music--MY GOD KING,THE EMOTION,FLAIR JUST WILL NOT QUIT!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

IMO whoever gets ahead on SD! this week between taker and edge will lose at WM....Heres hoping edge kills taker on Friday night

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Surprise entrant I believe will be Matt Hardy and he will win.

Matt Hardy

No interest but i'll go with Phoenix/ Melina

JBL

Batista

MVP all over it

Mayweather, and since my hobby is boxing I am betting Maymeather will land some killer body punches that will beat Show. I would to see show beat the **** out of him though.

Undertaker- his legacy is his streak and I don't see him losing it.

HHH

Ric Flair and for him to retire on his own terms on same night or the next night on Raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

what about flair beating hbk

kennedy winning mitb

kennedy cashes in to be the one to retire flair instead of title shot

flair beats kennedy to win title shot (somehow)

flair cashes in that same night vs hhh for the belt and wins

flair retires next night on raw leading wwe championship tournament

obviusly this wont happen but i heard this scenario talked about on the smart wrestling fan podcast yesterday and thought it wouldbe pretty cool

That would very much kick ass, cant see it happening though!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Surprise entrant I believe will be Matt Hardy and he will win.

Matt Hardy

That would be pretty good actually.then have hardy vs mvp and unify the us title with the ecw. although if this didnt happen i still hope for mvp crawling up the ladder really cocky with everyone else down, outcomes hardy with a twist of fate on mvp off the ladder.

That would be pretty good actually.then have hardy vs mvp and unify the us title with the ecw. although if this didnt happen i still hope for mvp crawling up the ladder really cocky with everyone else down, outcomes hardy with a twist of fate on mvp off the ladder.

Ha ha it's a hard one to call ain't it! Initially I thought he was defo going to be in mitb. Some people suggested that it was gonna be MVP v Matt for the US title at WM but I was convinced MVP was going to be in MITB and it turned out I was right!

No sign of MH at the SD tapings so unless they just throw him in there as the surprise 8th entrant I can't see him in MITB. It would be kind of a sickner too for all those dudes who had to qualify!:D

I am a big fan of Matt Hardy. Always had faith in him to shine when the Hardys broke up and I loved the V1 gimmick, he really proved everyone wrong with it. So if he wins the ecw title it's not much but it's a start hopefully to greater things.

Kronsington, why would you want to put poor Naitch through 3 matches!? Poor guy is 60 you sicko!:p

I am a big fan of Matt Hardy. Always had faith in him to shine when the Hardys broke up and I loved the V1 gimmick, he really proved everyone wrong with it. So if he wins the ecw title it's not much but it's a start hopefully to greater things.

Matt Fact From A Few WMs ago: "Matt often wonders how they did Wrestlemania without him".

I don't think he will compete but he will screw MVP.

Matt Fact From A Few WMs ago: "Matt often wonders how they did Wrestlemania without him".

I don't think he will compete but he will screw MVP.

MVP will win mitb, I am sure of it. I would love Kennedy to win and play out the scenario that he would challenge the winner of the TT straight after it but I am afraid he will just have to bide his time, he blew it when he got himself suspended and will have to build himself up again. The only other one I can see winning is Jericho to keep him happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I think the Miz has a decent chance of taking this but I'd say it will be Kane. He's one of their top owners and has been on ECW quite alot since the line was blurred

I too think there'll be a new champion

meh

I'd say JBL will win this due to the amount of face wins there'll be on the card but I really don't care

Batista is a lock to win this

I think Kennedy might win this and cash it in on the night. Come out after one of the title matches and bring back the countdown that started last year and beat Edge

Mayweather

I think Taker will win this but I wouldn't be surprised if he won by DQ so they let Edge keep the belt. They'd get more mileage from the feud considering Batista Taker has been done to death if Taker took it at Backlash

Haven't been following the build up at all but I'd be surprised if a face didn't win the (fake??) main event so Cena to win. Personally, I think they should give it to Orton

This should be worth watching even if Flair doesn't have it anymore. I do think Flair will win here and he'll do it by cheating some how. Maybe by holding onto the ropes with the figure-4 locked in. It'd be nice to see him return to the dirtiest player in the game

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think Kennedy might win this and cash it in on the night. Come out after one of the title matches and bring back the countdown that started last year and beat Edge

Now that would be interesting. It would be absolutely amazing if Kennedy won mitb and threw us a twist by challenging the SD title winner. Can you imagine the Undertaker winning the strap and then Kennedy cashes in and defeats the streak!:eek: That would be the biggest push ever. But it would only work if SD Title match is the ME, I doubt that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Now that would be interesting. It would be absolutely amazing if Kennedy won mitb and threw us a twist by challenging the SD title winner. Can you imagine the Undertaker winning the strap and then Kennedy cashes in and defeats the streak!:eek: That would be the biggest push ever. But it would only work if SD Title match is the ME, I doubt that.

Never going to happen, MITB is billed to be one of the most dangerous matches in WWE today. Imagine how silly it would look if a fresh Kennedy came out and challenged a champion? Besides if he does win, I could see him facing HHH and HHH squashig him in a minute. The ego maniac that is the Game must be itching to destroy another career:D
    Also him coming out and facing SD champ? Seriously look at the names that Taker has defeated at WM? Do you seriously think Ken is anywhere near that level? Mark my words Taker v Cena wrestlemania 25 Streak v Streak!

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Never going to happen, MITB is billed to be one of the most dangerous matches in WWE today. Imagine how silly it would look if a fresh Kennedy came out and challenged a champion? Besides if he does win, I could see him facing HHH and HHH squashig him in a minute. The ego maniac that is the Game must be itching to destroy another career:D
    Also him coming out and facing SD champ? Seriously look at the names that Taker has defeated at WM? Do you seriously think Ken is anywhere near that level? Mark my words Taker v Cena wrestlemania 25 Streak v Streak!

But I don't think Taker will leave MAnia as champ and it would be very interesting to see kennedy use Edge's trick against him. Also, Smackdown needs him back and he needs Smackdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I can't believe Kane won't be involved in Wrestlemania, so he hets my pick. Kane is a bigger draw than anyone else in the match. Plus he's a face, and a former champion, which will lend an air of credibility to the title match.

Chavo to win. He's been doing a good job, so I see no reason to put an end to it. If he's going to drop the title, at least let it be in a meaningful match.

Thanks be to God the WWE has an abundence of bunnies. Although ordinarily she would be no great loss, Candice Michelle's injury puts an end to any chance of wrestling in this match. Beth to destroy her opponents after Melina tries (and fails) to make the bunnies look like legit wrestlers.

Every PPV should have a match like this one: two men going out and just slugging away. Let the grapplers throw every move in the book at each other, let the cruiserweights bounce around, and let two vets pound the snot out of each other. I don't care who wins so long as this one is 'bowling shoe ugly'.

Unless Batista is in the dog house for some unknown reason he will get the win. Umaga is a jobber to the stars.

MVP to win. Although I'd love to see Carlito win it.

Christ let this be over quick.

Taker has been taking many a beating lately, so I'll go for the deadman. I'd love to see him tombstone Vicky at some point.

I don't like triple threats. Any match involving just two of the three men would be preferable. HHH to win.

I want Flair to win so badly. He has been made look so weak. This run should have seen more legit victories, just so the fans would know that Flair still has it in him to be the man. Instead, the fans are hoping a tired, broken-down old man will somehow pull off an upset.

Perhaps Kennedy could insert himself in the Triple Threat if he wins or challenge Edge before he faces the Undertaker. Or he could make the SD main event a Triple Threat. Or perhaps were all over thinking this.

Rjd2 wrote: »

It's not about that, it's about being given a platform to get to that level. Everybody needs something to get over big time, what better way of ending the Undertaker's streak? It has always been the general feeling that if he was to lose his streak, it would only be to put someone hugely over. I am not suggesting it does happen, like I've said it is the Undertaker's legacy.

Also, it is a scenario that Kennedy himself mapped out. And who says he has to be freshed faced? After all, whoever the champion is would have just gone through a gruelling triple threat so they would be equally beat up.

This is all just hypothetical anyway, I don't even think he'll win mitb, MVP was my pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

RAW/ECW/SmackDown! 24 Man Battle Royal for the right to face ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero

This one could go to anyone, Tommy Dreamer, The Great Khali, Mark Henry, Kane, it could even be Jamie Noble. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Dreamer is gonna win it and win the ECW title from Chavo.

"BunnyMania" Tag Team Match with Snoop Dogg as MC
    Melina and "The Glamazon" Beth Phoenix Vs. Maria and Ashley

Defo gonna be some confrontation between Snoop and Santino. Should be a 'fun' match with Maria and Ashley winning.

"Belfast Brawl" Street Fight
    Finlay Vs. John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL)

This will be a simple match - just two guys hitting each other as hard as the can. I'd assume Vince will stick his neck in here somewhere and interfere only to have Hornswoggle make his return and help his Dad, but I still see JBL going over here. Too many face wins on the PPV as it is, so I'm sure JBL is going over.

RAW Vs. SmackDown! Match
    "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga Vs. Batista

This match is only an excuse to get 'Big Dave' on the card, it's a pity because Umaga deserves a win, here but the smart money is on Batista at 'Mania, but I think Umaga will go over in the feud if they continue it on SmackDown!

"Money in the Bank" Ladder Match were the winner gets a title shot to be 'cashed in' within one year.
    Montel Vontavius Porter (MVP) Vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho Vs. Carlito Vs. CM Punk Vs. John Morrisson Vs. Mr. Kennedy (....Kennedy) Vs. Shelton Benjamin

I can't pick a winner on this one, but with a shotgun to my head, I'll pick MVP or Jericho, obvious choices, but I think they are the save money (pun intended).

The Biggest Vs. The Best
    Floyd "Money" Mayweather Vs. Big Show

David versus Goliath in 2008, who'd have thunk it? There is no way a celeb is gonna do the job at 'Mania, so Mayweather is gonna get the win.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    "The Rated R Superstar" Edge Vs. "The (Undefeated at WrestleMania) Phenom" The Undertaker

Both have never lost at WrestleMania (I'm counting last years MITB as a draw), both have valid reasons to go over, but 'Taker has a legacy at 'Mania, that legacy should never end, but if it is to end, Edge is the man to do so. I'm gonna go with The Undertaker to walk out of 'Mania as the new WHC!

Triple Threat Match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship
    John Cena Vs. "The Legend Killer" Randy Orton Vs. "The Game" Triple H

Four years is to long for the King of Kings to be absent from his throne. Triple H to win by destroying Cena and 'injurying' him so he can film his new film and come back in time to main event SummerSlam. I kinda feel sorry for Orton, he hasn't been a great champion, but he has been far from horrible, I've enjoyed his reign, but come WrestleMania, The King of Kings MUST go back on his throne! **Does Triple H pose**

Career Threatening Match
    "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels Vs. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

This match is gonna be emotional, it's gonna be fun and above all else, it's gonna be great. Ric Flair is a f*cking living legend! His performances over the past few months have been amazing. I've even started watching a lot of his old matches and promos. Anyway, I digress. I'm gonna go with my heart and say Ric Flair to win and retire on RAW on Monday night. This match is probably the most emotional WrestleMania match in a good few years.

Overall
    This WrestleMania is kind of tainted since it'll be Flair's last match. It'll be the end of an era, a great era, but in a way I'm happy that he is leaving on his own terms and not in a coffin. I'm currently writing a piece on Ric Flair, I mite post it up here when it's done. This years WrestleMania is going to be so much better than last years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

RAW/ECW/SmackDown! 24 Man Battle Royal for the right to face ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero

I haven't a clue but I'll go with Kofi.

Food break.

Finlay with the help of Hornswaggle.

RAW Vs. SmackDown! Match

Umaga.

"Money in the Bank" Ladder Match were the winner gets a title shot to be 'cashed in' within one year.
    Montel Vontavius Porter (MVP) Vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho Vs. Carlito Vs. CM Punk Vs. John Morrisson Vs. Mr. Kennedy (....Kennedy) Vs. Shelton Benjamin

MVP.

The Biggest Vs. The Best

Mayweather with a ton of interference.

World Heavyweight Championship Match
    "The Rated R Superstar" Edge Vs. "The (Undefeated at WrestleMania) Phenom" The Undertaker

Undertaker.

The build up has done nothing for me. My interest in the Raw title peaked 2 months early at the Royal Rumble. I'll go with Triple H to get the belt.

Career Threatening Match

Shawn Michaels.

Overall

It's all about Flair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Kane to eliminate Khali for the win!!!

bleerrrghhhhh!!!!

This could be fun and I tend to agree with Vince that Hornswaggle will be the key factor

RAW Vs. SmackDown! Match

Snore!!! who cares

"Money in the Bank" Ladder Match were the winner gets a title shot to be 'cashed in' within one year.Montel Vontavius Porter (MVP) Vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho Vs. Carlito Vs. CM Punk Vs. John Morrisson Vs. Mr. Kennedy (....Kennedy) Vs. Shelton Benjamin

The only real possibilities are Jericho, Kennedy or...unfortunately...MVP

and it probably will be MVP

The Biggest Vs. The Best

has to be Mayweather.....why else would he be here?

World Heavyweight Championship Match"The Rated R Superstar" Edge Vs. "The (Undefeated at WrestleMania) Phenom" The Undertaker

Undertaker........they can't ever break the winning streak until he is retiring..

Unfortunately I feel is time for Cena to get his belt back...to make the kids happy and buy more lunchboxes and T shirts

Career Threatening Match

Obviously HBK and the end to a great career

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

The only face i can see winning this is Kane. However Chavo hasnt held the title that long so i can see him winning by DQ or CO

The only thing to look forward to about this match will be Santino. Beth and Melina are way above the other 2 and should easily win

"Belfast Brawl" Street Fight Finlay Vs. John Bradshaw Layfield (JBL): Finlay to win with some involvement from the leprechaun himself.

RAW Vs. SmackDown! Match "The Samoan Bulldozer" Umaga Vs. Batista
    Given that RAW is the main show for WWE and this is a battle for brand supremacy i think Umaga will win this one

"Money in the Bank" Ladder Match were the winner gets a title shot to be 'cashed in' within one year.Montel Vontavius Porter (MVP) Vs. "Y2J" Chris Jericho Vs. Carlito Vs. CM Punk Vs. John Morrisson Vs. Mr. Kennedy (....Kennedy) Vs. Shelton Benjamin
    A lot of people say Kennedy but i cant really see him win it 2 years in a row. Of the others it seems to be Jericho or MVP. If punk was not on ECW he would have been a top choice. My head goes with MVP, needs a push.

The Biggest Vs. The Best Floyd "Money" Mayweather Vs. Big Show
    To be honest i've hated the build up for this match and have to say cant see Floyd not winning it but it wont be clean, expect interference

World Heavyweight Championship Match"The Rated R Superstar" Edge Vs. "The (Undefeated at WrestleMania) Phenom" The Undertaker
    I'm intrigued to know if they will let the Taker keep that record until he retires but i reckon he'll win here. Don't like the way Edge goes on about being undefeated at WM, he lost the MITB match last year.

I dont want to see Cena win the title back, he's held it for way too long in the last few years. Orton's been a good champ and a great heel but the build up to Triple H getting the belt back as being going on for a while so i expect him to win.

Career Threatening Match "The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels Vs. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
    HBK to win and get a good match out of Flair. Expect standing ovation for Naitch and we may even get a goodbye speech on RAW the following night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

HHH vs Cena Vs Orton
    Here's hoping Orton wins but there is zero chance of it happening. Its all about the game and the show will probably end with HHH with the belt raising his arms doing that stupid stretch flex thing. He'll probably try to outshine Flair too. This match better not be last.

Edge vs Undertaker
    I've seen about 10 minutes of buildup for this so I don't really have any interest. Taker to win. One question though, whats wrong with the triangle choke? Takers new submission is awful.

Flair vs Michaels
    The real main event alright. I agree with Lance Storm 100%. Flair to win.

Big Show vs Mayweather
    I'm interested just to see how the match plays out. Hopefully Mayweather breaks Big Shows jaw legitimitely with a few stiff punches.

Finlay vs JBL
    This is going to get ruined by horny but hopefully the first part of the match is as stiff and brutal as I imagine it to be. I can see horny turning heel on Finlay, but if that happens I won't get to see JBL giving horny a stiff running big boot, which would be the best thing ever.

Batista vs Umaga
    This has got some potential. Probably wont steal the show but it will come close. It will be funny seeing Smackdown winning the battle of the brands while Raw still gets shown to be the better show.

Money in the Bank
    Can't say I'm disappointed Jeff is gone, at least someone likeable will win this now. That being said, Kennedy could always **** up the apple cart. I cant pick between Punk, Jericho and MVP.

Bunny thing
    Once its mainly Snoop against Santino in a slagging match it will be all good.

Battle Royal
    Well I'd only love if they played off Kendrick walking out on London the other week and have one of them win. London I gues cos he's the face. But no, it will be Kane. One last run for the big man before he retires.

Ive said it all along, its not that bad a card. It really could do with MVP vs Matt Hardy in the middle as a technical~! match, much like Benoit vs MVP lsat year. That aside, it should be good, better than that piece of sh*t last year anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

I have a feeling that Khali will win. I'd like to see Kane pick up the victory. He needs a push

Kane

Blah Don't care!! Would have prefered a triple threat between Beth, Candice and Mickie!! The quality of women's matches at WM seems to have gone down, IMO

Probably Finlay, with a little help from Hornswoggle perhaps!

Gonna go with Batista here. Umaga has become WWE's whipping boy lately. Again thats just my opinion!!

Jericho here. I like the idea of Matt Hardy turning up though!!:)

COnsidering the new stipulation that someone has to win, I'll go with Money Mayweather.

Edge is not looking as good as he did last year. Undertaker definitely!! If he doesn't win, I'll totally lose faith in WWE!!:mad:

Should be an alright match! Can't see Orton retaining the title though! I'm going with HHH on this one!

Can't wait for this match!!!!:D:D Hard to know how this will go. I'm gonna say Flair to win and retire on his own terms on Raw. Ah, I don't care!! Match will steal the spotlight!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'd like to see Elijah Burke or Kofi Kingston winning but I think it's gonna be Khali

New champ

Bunnymania Lumberjill Match - Maria & Ashley vs Beth Phoenix & Melina
    I think Maria and Ashley because of the playboy factor :rolleyes:. Hope I'm wrong, Santino better be involved in some way....in the opposing cornor perhaps. Much rather see the Glamazon vs. Mickie rather than this tripe!

JBL

Batista....

Looking forward to this match. Jericho to win. Punk is another possible winner though.

Read during the week that Show's WM record is 1-6....think it's gonna continue tonight. Mayweather for the win. Anyone think Hatton will show up after the publicity during the week lol

Taker by DQ

Swayed between Trips winning or Orton retaining. I don't think it will be Cena's night.

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels
    I wish this was the main event, would def. end WM on high emotions! I looking to it as the match of the night. HBK for the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Chuck Palumbo

As above

Meh

Finlay if a once off, JBL if it is to become a series.

Batista

Mr Kennedy

No winner, somekind of double count out or something.

Undertaker

HHH

WOOOOOOOO! Flair WOOOOOOOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

KANE HAS WON!!! Whoop whoop!! My prediction came true!!:D Atmosphere at Citrus Bowl is amazing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Ric Flair to go out on a high- i hope:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I called this PPV a lot better than I usually do, but I'm proudest of suggesting this!
    Fozzy wrote: »
    A spear into that stupid gogoplata maybe...

You're just showing off Fozzy. I believe I got a total of 4 predictions right.

• Advertisement

You're just showing off Fozzy.

I know! I usually get my predictions all over the place though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,943 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I was the only person to call cm punk winning \o/

Wrong. If you would check, I also called it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

Jesus man do u work for the wwe? those are some pretty accurate predictions

All the matches are set, so how about some predictions?

This is taking place before the PPV, live on WWE.com. The participants are: Snitsky, Brian Kendrick, Chuck Palumbo, Cody Rhodes, Deuce, Domino, Elijah Burke, Festus, Jim Duggan, Bob Holly, Jamie Noble, Jesse, Jimmy Wang Yang, Kane, Kofi Kingston, Lance Cade, Mark Henry, Matt Striker, Shannon Moore, Great Khali, The Miz, Tommy Dreamer, Trevor Murdoch and Val Venis

The only one of those guys that I think WWE really want to get on the PPV is Khali, so he's my pick. They could go for a more logical pick like Kofi, Dreamer or Kane though

I think the other women will be surrounding the ring. Snoop Dogg's doing something here too

They've got to have the Santino and Snoop Dogg interaction somewhere, with Maria getting the last laugh probably. I guess Beth & Melina will win the match though. As long as Santino is involved in some way this won't be a complete failure

I suppose this is a street fight. Hornswoggle will probably return here. I think who wins depends on whether the feud will continue or not. I think it will, so I'm going with JBL. Should be a decent match too

I think this'll be good too. Batista needs the win more so he's my pick

It went from being easy to pick to being hard. I still think that Matt Hardy could return here, but I don't think that he'll win, more than likely just prevent MVP from doing so. Although having said that, I think this match is between Jericho and MVP. I'll go with Jericho

Depending on whether Floyd remembers what to do or not, this will either be good or bad. I think Mayweather will pick up the win somehow, I can't really see him losing. Big Show will probably destroy his posse afterwards

Hmm...a year ago I'd be very excited for this match. But Edge doesn't look as good to me as he did a year ago. I'm sure that the ending will still be exciting, as Undertaker now has four finishing moves and Edge has got two. A spear into that stupid gogoplata maybe...

Considering how Edge has been recently, I don't think he's got any chance of winning here. I'd bet my house on Undertaker winning

Should be a decent enough match, it has the potential to be great. All three guys are over and they're all capable of great matches. Build-up hasn't been the best though. HHH came off looking like a bigger heel than Orton I thought

My first choice for the outcome would be Orton retaining. I think he's done a great job with the title. Second choice would be Cena winning, but I think my third choice will be the outcome. It's been about four years since HHH had a proper title run, I'm shocked that he stayed away for that long. I don't know if he has long left at the top either, so he probably will get the win here

I'm really looking forward to this. I think the last time I was looking forward to a Wrestlemania match as much was either Angle vs Lesnar or Angle vs Michaels. They showed on Raw that they do care about Flair so I've got more faith in this match now

There's a dozen different things that could happen here. I think that the most basic one will happen though, and that's Flair getting pinned after the Sweet Chin Music. I wonder if they'll have some sort of Figure Four vs Reverse Figure Four spot in the match...I'm not sure how that would work though

The match should be good and Wrestlemania will be worth it for me just to see this match

That's all the matches as far as I know

nevisgod wrote: »

Haha, like I said, I predicted this one much better than I usually do! I saw a site that was taking bets on the show, I'd say some WWE guys could've made a tidy profit betting on Punk and Orton

• Advertisement

Haha, like I said, I predicted this one much better than I usually do! I saw a site that was taking bets on the show, I'd say some WWE guys could've made a tidy profit betting on Punk and Orton

Are you serious? Just out of interest what odds could you have gotten on Taker

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Are you serious? Just out of interest what odds could you have gotten on Taker

It was on Oddsmaker.com, they've taken the page down but looking in Google I think he was about -220, which is about 2/1 on. I think there was a limit on how much you could bet too

That is insane. Tell me you put a few quid on it

Nope, it was too close to the event and too much hassle!

Advertisement