Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling roups in Kilkenny

Options
  • 27-03-2008 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just moved to Kilkenny area and wondering if any groups out in the area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Limestone1

They're all too busy playing hurling down there .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

classic

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

Kieran,

I live near Knocktopher in South Kilkenny. I have returned to the bike
    after 10 odd years or so (mid life crisis:)). I used to race a bit and am really getting back into it again. I'm out 3 times a week including most Sunday mornings. There is the Carrick-on- Suir group that leaves Carrick every Sunday morning @ 9. They do a 60 mile spin to Ballymacarbery (the famous 'Ballymac' spin. Sean Kelly goes, when he's around) averaging 20 odd MPH. I'm working up to that at the minute! Check out www.worldwidecycles.com for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

If you are into racing I'd recommend Slaney CC in Enniscorthy or Wexford Wheelers in Wexford town. Great racing scene in the south east now with inter club league races in Wexford, Enniscorthy, Gorey and also Waterford. Something like 40 events from April to September in the region. All events handicapped with fields from novice to RAS riders!

Advertisement