Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil and Teds??

Options
  • 27-03-2008 4:37pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know wher to buy these over here--As you know my wife has only 4 weeks to go and with a 18 months old and now a new one on the way we`re looking at their double buggy/pram.

Any help appreciated.

Richie.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Mothercare sell them.

I am not sure of anywhere else maybe Tony Kellys.

Mothercare used to do an information night once a month and at the end of the night you would get a card with 9- 10% off discounts on it.

Maybe worth checking out cause I think the phil and teds start off around €400 over here.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Theyre supposed to start at 399 plus the add on seat which is another 100.
    Theres a shop in Naas selling the kit for 700 although the RRP is €399 + €100---rip off Ireland is right.
    I was just wondering if there were any other shops that sell the range.

Thanks Quality--Ill try Tony Kellys and Mothercare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Try a few online sites as they tend to have better deals than the shops - EBay has a couple too...I got the Phil & Ted sport inc. double seat from The Natural Baby Resource http://www.thenaturalbabyresource.com/ as they had a deal on - not sure if they still do - order in Sterling to get the best price!...hth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I purchased a pram from www.kiddicare.com. It cost 20 quid to deliver to Ireland and was delivered within a few days. It wasnt a Phil and Teds but it may be worth looking at.I found it a great site.Sterling rate is ok too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭High&Low

We got our Phil & Ted's in mothercare, €399 after Christmas (think it might be €499 normally, but worth looking around), it comes with second seat as standard now, but you have to buy the raincover which is extra.

I can highly recommend it as a double buggy for a baby and toddler, and then toddler and toddler.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 glenda.27

Hi there,

I did a lot of research on where to buy mine. Based on one of the replies here I decided on going with kiddicare.com but it was a big mistake. I had to put the money into paypal (they don't take laser cards), then the paypal wouldn't go through over the Irish address not having a zip (their customer service team spent a week trying to see if they could get it through and it didn't). Then I transferred the money to a mastercard based on their suggestion- which costs money in paypal to keep transferring the money so I ended up paying on something I never got. Then I got told they don't accept visa or mastercards that are not UK based (even though they knew I was in Ireland at the time of suggesting this option to me) and they told me to try paypal again.

The site I did go with is https://www.bellababy.ie I would highly recommend them. I found the site by searching for the phil & teds within Limerick (even though I believe they are actually physically located in Galway). They deliver anywhere in Ireland (and some places in the EU I believe as well). They were kind, helpful, and I had my phil & teds buggy ordered with double kit and cocoon and rain cover within an hour. Then I got an email confirming my order and stating that it will be delivered in 2 business days. I cannot wait to get it and I am thankful I found an Irish company whose price was actually better than the kiddicare.com (UK based) company I was going with, that seems to be easy and pleasant to order from.

I just thought I would add this level of detail in - in case anyone else is looking for a phil & ted's in Ireland without hassle. I was lucky to find Bella Baby! I also know Smiths has one phil & ted's available but its out of stock and you don't have any extra options or different styles (i knew I was looking for the sport one for myself) And mothercare had one I was considering but you have to buy each piece seperately (the double seat, the cocoon, the buggy, and the rain cover) and it adds up to be a bit pricey.

Bella baby have great little extras like that bebepod that I plan on ordering when my youngest is old enough for one! :D

Glenda

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I second kiddicare.com being excellent.
    All my stuff arrived 2 days later.
    I paid with credit card so had no problems at all.Their customer service was good too.
    That is brilliant news that they accept pay pal now too:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭goosie2005

hi, got mine and second car seat from either www.kiddicare.com or www.babydaysdirect.co.uk. did alot of shopping and got stuff from both. be sure to get any accessories u might need at the same time .e.g rain cover, muff or cocoon, for same delivery price also. both deliver really quickly.2-3 days. hth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Try http://www.murphysprams.ie/, we just got one from them and it was €450, and it includes the second seat and the rain cover. Also comes with a Phil & Ted's bottle! Could not beat the price.

They also deliver for €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Quality wrote: »
    Mothercare sell them.

Mothercare used to do an information night once a month and at the end of the night you would get a card with 9- 10% off discounts on it.

Yep thats right, and 'tonight' the information night is in Mothercare 'Blanchardstown' . . . . .

Last Wednesday it was in Mothercare Carrickmines/
    see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59708005&postcount=51

• Advertisement
Advertisement