Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abq

Options
  • 27-03-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

I'm doing Business outside of school and in general I find the subject easy. It's basically all theory. Just wondering how does one tackle the Applied Business Question ie. how long should it be and should ya go into lots of detail? I'm presuming I should since it's worth 20% of the paper?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

As for every question, you should divide the amount of marks allocated to each question by 5 and that's generally how many points you're expected to give.

There's no length that it should be. As you said, it's worth 20% of the overall marks...so really you should spend 20% of your time on the ABQ. So whatever you can write in that amount of time. Remember to leave space after every question so if you have time left over at the end, you can come back and add more if you wish.

It is quite difficult to practice the ABQ in past papers because the sections that it is on changes every year. BUt it would be a good idea to practice a few, just to get an idea of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

State
    Explain
    Example

If it's a 20 mark question and they want the implications of something be wary as it could be 5 points at 4 marks each or 4 points at 5 marks each!
    And try not to waffle too much
    Business is always about being precise

And absolutely no matter wat

STATE your point
    EXPLAIN your point
    EXAMPLE by refering back to the text

The marks for ABQs are always divided up this way so if u dont give any examples from the case study u loose a third of your marks already

And spend no more than 30 mins on it even if you're not done! You're always caught for time in business and speanding 40 plus mins on it is shooting urself in the foot

Advertisement