Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Servicing - Dublin V's Country

Options
  • 27-03-2008 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

As someone who has always used backstreet garages as oppposed to Dealers, I have heard that there is a big price difference between getting a car serviced in a Dublin Dealer network as opposed to one in say Mayo, Leitrim, Clare etc.

Just wondering if there was any truth in this or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

I always get my car serviced in a main dealer in mullingar, Drop it off in the evening after work (usually arrive around 5p.m.) I get a courtesy car F.O.C. and drive back down the following day to pick it up. I know it takes about 40 minutes each way, but the last time I was getting some extra work done for N.C.T. and saved myself around €260 for the trouble compared to main dealer in Dublin.

AND...... They are always more plesant to deal with. I always felt going in to a Dublin garage that they make you feel like they are "doing you a favour" and "fitting you in" if they had time. Where as going to Mullingar I am always treated as a valued customer.

In conclusion: Great price, Great service and always a top notch job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yep, phone around, big differences. Massive waiting lists in Dublin too. (VW)

(I got a new car in the country as opposed to Dublin, saved 4K!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I got an 07 Focus serviced for just under €150 all in yesterday. Ford main dealer. Limerick.

Advertisement