Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangers Jersey

Options
  • 27-03-2008 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of where to buy a Glasgow Rangers Jersey in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

That post is wrong on so many levels :)

Btw, you tried online?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I've occasionally seen England tops :eek: in some shops but you'll struggle to find Rangers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Soccer Shop in George's Street may be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 nomadphase

yep, thanks, called them and they have both the home and away strips.
    lovely jubbly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

strangely i was in lifestyle sports in Stephens gr. shopping centre at lunch and i overheard someone asking for the very same item. Think i saw the girl in the shop looking around for the hidden camera :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The Soccer Shop in George's Street may be your best bet.

+1, they have more or less every football shirt going

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

biko wrote: »
    That post is wrong on so many levels :)

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Sports Sport on Cathedral St, just off O'Connell St would probably have them aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Probably not a great idea to wear one in public, unfortunately... We're not quite there yet - well some of us are, but the great unwashed?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Let me know if you get one, I've wanted one of them for ages.
    I look forward to wearing it in work and Jersey day!!

I'm so sick of the sight of celtic jerseys - wearing them doesnt mean you're a scumbag, but being a scumbag seems to involve having a celtic jersey for some reason!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

deswalsh wrote: »
    I'm so sick of the sight of celtic jerseys - wearing them doesnt mean you're a scumbag, but being a scumbag seems to involve having a celtic jersey for some reason!!
    Remember this clown protesting about the playing of association football in Croke Park? The irony seemd to be lost on him! :rolleyes:

CelticJersey.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

deswalsh wrote: »
    Let me know if you get one, I've wanted one of them for ages.
    I look forward to wearing it in work and Jersey day!!

Why would you want to be associated with a club such as Rangers which is institutionalised from top to bottom with sectarian bigotted hatred???

Bring a tricolour to Ibrox and see how long you'll last.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why would you want to be associated with a club such as Rangers which is institutionalised from top to bottom with sectarian bigotted hatred???

Yawn

Try any of the JJB Sports stores as well. I used to work there and because they're British owned they always get the Rangers jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

+1

How many Catholics have played for Rangers now exactly?

armour87 wrote: »
    +1

Probably about 15-20 in the last 90 years.

Only 3 in the 60 years until John Spencer signed for them circa 1988, at least one (and possibly all) of them lied about his religion, all three hid their religion.

What kind of "football" club chooses players based on their denomination???

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yawn

Try any of the JJB Sports stores as well. I used to work there and because they're British owned they always get the Rangers jerseys.

There's always a few that support bigotry, sectarianism and racism.

armour87 wrote: »
    +1

Mo Johnson and Dado Prso are the first two off the top of my head. Possibly Marvin ANdrews too.

Nacho Novo and Carlos Cuellar are presumably Spanish Catholics though I may be wrong.

And what has this shite got to do with the topic? He wants to wear a Rangers jersey. So what?

Ha ha yeah ooh aah up the RA and all that.

I couldn't give a shit about what Rangers stand for as I don't have an interest in them, Celtic or Scottish football. The OP asked where he could get a jersey. Nothing more so if you wanna spark a political debate then there's forums for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Probably about 15-20 in the last 90 years.

Only 3 in the 60 years until John Spencer signed for them circa 1988, at least one (and possibly all) of them lied about his religion, all three hid their religion.

What kind of "football" club chooses players based on their denomination???

Yorkshirt Cricket Club does the same (not football, I know, but noone seems to start fights over it)

Anyway it seems to work for Rangers - aren't they six points clear at the moment?

Personallty I'm with the scumbag/Celtic view. I know they're not nessecarily a scumbag, but you can't help making the connection...

And how many of the pro-catholci secretarian bashers visit a chuch on a regualr basis...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Don't know about Rangers , but Celtic seem to attract more than their fair share - And I don't think the club is to blame

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Maybe he wants to burn it.........fingers crossed.
    Sorry for going off topic but ive never understood this whole, Celtic supporters=scumbags scenario, it must be only an innercity dublin thing. Im a lifelong celtic supporter and travel to as many games as I can, especially away european games. Everywhere ive gone there has been absolutely no trouble with any supporters. Eg:- I want to barcelona recently for the Ch League game and there were roughly 20,000 supporters there, everywhere you want celtic supporters were laughing shaking hands with locals etc. They had a big party/gathering thing in this castle, and their were plastic bags everywhere for rubbish, all promoting the logo, Celtic supporters keeping barca tidy. We also seen lads wearing green t-shirts with "throw your rubbish in the bin, whoever wins on the pitch, we cant lose off it" Put this in context to when rangers were there 4 months previous and there was murder in the streets. Riot police etc.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Maybe he wants to burn it.........fingers crossed.
    Sorry for going off topic but ive never understood this whole, Celtic supporters=scumbags scenario, it must be only an innercity dublin thing. Im a lifelong celtic supporter and travel to as many games as I can, especially away european games. Everywhere ive gone there has been absolutely no trouble with any supporters. Eg:- I want to barcelona recently for the Ch League game and there were roughly 20,000 supporters there, everywhere you want celtic supporters were laughing shaking hands with locals etc. They had a big party/gathering thing in this castle, and their were plastic bags everywhere for rubbish, all promoting the logo, Celtic supporters keeping barca tidy. We also seen lads wearing green t-shirts with "throw your rubbish in the bin, whoever wins on the pitch, we cant lose off it" Put this in context to when rangers were there 4 months previous and there was murder in the streets. Riot police etc.

You're a Celtic fan. Brilliant. Scumbags are not Celtic fans yet they wear the jersey as a uniform and hence the club gets a bad rep.

Now the OP supports Rangers/wants a jersey. He asked where it was available and was told. No need to go down this stupid sectarian road over a simple request.

bullpost wrote: »
    Don't know about Rangers , but Celtic seem to attract more than their fair share - And I don't think the club is to blame

Well RFC is to blame as they nurtured sectarianism by not employing Catholics - here's what some of their players have said over the last few years...

Shota Arveladze was a Georgian Orthodox that was booed at a Linfield v Rangers game in Windsor Park for "blessing himself" coming onto the pitch. Reference is made to the incident here - http://sport.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=71&id=1263062006

Here's a quote from another ex-player

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/?page_id=8982

Check out the quote from Mikel Arteta...

Mikel: I am catholic. But I have always been catholic. The people at Rangers didn't really like it, so I had to be respectful.

From Wayne Rooney's book:

"We went to Ibrox to play Glasgow Rangers in a pre-season friendly and I got a very 'warm' reception from the home fans. Getting off the bus my crucifix had fallen outside my top and was on full display. They booed me from the start."

Marco Negri scored about 30 goals by Christmas for them one year and was told not to bless himself again so he didn't and he stopped playing for them as a result.

In Amoruso's ramblings in his biography, he relates how when he joined the club the then manager, Walter Smith, and unnamed others advised the player not to bless himself when running onto the pitch as was his custom as this might inflame the support:

"When I first came here, several people, including Walter, advised me not to cross myself as I ran on to the pitch because it would antagonise the Rangers fans. I thought that was ridiculous but I was in a strange land so I complied."

Add others like Basil Boli, Sebastian Rosenthal, Kanchelskis, Albertz... the list goes on...

Scotland on Sunday - The following appeared in said newspaper...

In an extraordinary outburst on the Old Firm’s continuing problems with bigoted fans, Fernando Ricksen said: "If you’re Catholic and you play for Rangers, then you are a Protestant.

"If you play for the Protestant people, you don’t play for the Catholic people."

Ricksen added: "If you can’t handle that, if you’re really a Catholic and you feel too much about it, you don’t come to Rangers. You stay away.

"You’d better go to the other side [Celtic] or there will be a lot of problems for you."

The player’s comments suggest that Rangers have failed to throw off their reputation for being anti-Catholic, despite ditching their policy of not signing Catholic players 13 years ago.

In 1989, Rangers signed Maurice Johnston, and since then have taken on a number of Catholic players. Lorenzo Amoruso was made the first Catholic to captain Rangers in 1999.

Politicians and Church figures last night insisted that the comments of Ricksen - a Protestant - demonstrated that more effort had to be put into combating sectarianism.

Liberal Democrat MSP Donald Gorrie said it reinforced the need for the law to be amended, so crimes motivated by sectarianism attracted greater penalties.

He said: "Ricksen is clearly showing we have not made enough progress in tackling this issue."

A spokesman for the Catholic Church in Scotland said: "The brave words of Fernando Ricksen are a sad indictment of our society. It is deplorable, indeed shameful that Glasgow is perhaps the only city in Europe in which a professional footballer is required to deny his faith in order to achieve sporting success."

Wasn't Celtic goalkeeper, Artur Boruc, even questioned by the police for blessing himself before a game, there were many complaints by Rangers fans that he provoked them by blessing himself.

Haven't even touched on Donald Findlay, The greatest Ranger of all time, Orange jerseys, Gazza's flute, "up to our knees in fenian blood", interventions from UEFA...the list is endless.

Ah yeah sure Celtic fans are angels. Would never dream of booing a Rangers player playing for his country in Lansdowne Road :rolleyes: (and got the wrong player too)

So bobbyEIRE32, can you tell me what all this shit has to do with the OP's question?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Quickkie question for the above Sell Thick supporters, why do you support Celtic?

Look what you've done, you've got me fecking going now lads.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Cos my da's from glasgow. Why do u support shels?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Isn't this thread about trying to locate a Rangers jersey in Dublin? :rolleyes:

A JJB store would sell them as Rangers have a sponsorship deal with them afaik.

allybhoy wrote: »
    Cos my da's from glasgow. Why do u support shels?

TBH I don't think he meant yourself. He's more referring to the skangers who do it cause it's 'cool' and cause we hate the English.

• Advertisement

andrewie wrote: »
    Isn't this thread about trying to locate a Rangers jersey in Dublin? :rolleyes:

Twas meant to be. But you should know as well as I do that no one should dare buy or wear a Rangers jersey :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement