Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangers Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Still off topic,(maybe somebody could move?)
    But thats hardly the club, or proper associated supporters clubs fault is it like? I mean there is some amount of scumbag eejits supporting man utd/liverpool etc but you dont hear about these having a bad rep do u?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

allybhoy wrote: »
    Still off topic,(maybe somebody could move?)
    But thats hardly the club, or proper associated supporters clubs fault is it like? I mean there is some amount of scumbag eejits supporting man utd/liverpool etc but you dont hear about these having a bad rep do u?

I agree, however the United/Pool fans don't usually have Eire 32 tattooed in and around a United/Pool crest on their arms.

Personally I can't stand Celtic and it's purely for the fact that so many knackers have given them a bad name. I bought a Celtic jersey years ago (black umbro one with lime green pin-width hoops, ntl on the front) cause i liked it. Not a hope of me wearing it now. It's unfortunate but that's what's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Cos my da's from glasgow. Why do u support shels?

Not directed at you, more at the scummers who claim Celtic are Irish and they hate the British, yet they support Man U/Liverpool and they take no interest in real Irish clubs.

I support Shels because of my dad, it's quite a long story actually.;)

Well Ive seen a lot of muppets with their tops off in town with crappy red devil tattoos and liverbirds. Ive also seen a disparaging amount of idiots at the ireland games now aswell (esp since the move to croker) singing "Caman da bayas in gureeen" but it doesnt stop me supporting them

Ive also seen a disparaging amount of idiots at the ireland games now aswell (esp since the move to croker) singing "Caman da bayas in gureeen" but it doesnt stop me supporting them

Don't let it stop you supporting them. Just the stereotypical Celtic fan does my head in.

• Advertisement

Well Ive seen a lot of muppets with their tops off in town with crappy red devil tattoos and liverbirds. Ive also seen a disparaging amount of idiots at the ireland games now aswell (esp since the move to croker) singing "Caman da bayas in gureeen" but it doesnt stop me supporting them

While that happens, the general view, rightly or wrongly, is that a scumbag 'uniform' incorporates a peak cap, bum fluff tash, big rings, Nike Air Max/Reebok Classics, jeans/tracksuit bottoms and a Celtic jersey. It's just the way things have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

There's always a few that support bigotry, sectarianism and racism.
    That's a bit rich coming from a poster who choses "Bobby Sands" as a username! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

That's a bit rich coming from a poster who choses "Bobby Sands" as a username! :rolleyes:

The sectarian decorator.

He was only trying to damp proof the walls of his cell.

. brown was the "in" colour back then

How did bobby sands in anyway try to promote bigotry, sectarianism and racism?

Can open. Worms everywhere...........!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

This thread BLOWS! Who are the mods in this God-forsaken hellhole.

I got a Rangers jersey when I was 8. I've never been so villified in my life. As a f*cking eight year old kid. So OP, unless you're ready to become an arsehole-magnet I wouldn't even bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

There are plenty of Rangers jerseys in some pubs here, they are used for wiping the brown stuff from your arse though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I agree, however the United/Pool fans don't usually have Eire 32 tattooed in and around a United/Pool crest on their arms.

Personally I can't stand Celtic and it's purely for the fact that so many knackers have given them a bad name. I bought a Celtic jersey years ago (black umbro one with lime green pin-width hoops, ntl on the front) cause i liked it. Not a hope of me wearing it now. It's unfortunate but that's what's happened.

Look what I caught, a boards.ie member with a Celtic top and a Tri-colour tattoo. And drinking Guinness also :mad: - must be up to no good :rolleyes:

Yes, its me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Mairt wrote: »
    Look what I caught, a boards.ie member with a Celtic top and a Tri-colour tattoo. And drinking Guinness also :mad: - must be up to no good :rolleyes:

Yes, its me!.

Burn him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

My God, that shows the levels of your intelligence.

"Let our revenge be the laughter of our children."

Yes, its me!.

He looks like a bit of a weed!:eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Yes, its me!.

Pints with Gary Glitter:confused: brave man :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

Remember this clown protesting about the playing of association football in Croke Park? The irony seemd to be lost on him! :rolleyes:

CelticJersey.jpg

While it is a great pic I still believe that it was 'staged'.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

.... I want to barcelona recently for the Ch League game and there were roughly 20,000 supporters there, everywhere you want celtic supporters were laughing shaking hands with locals etc....

No, of course not... no Celtic fan would eve chant a sectarian song....
    Uefa is examining videos appearing to show Celtic supporters involved in sectarian chanting in Barcelona.
    A Uefa spokesman confirmed the footage included singing outside and inside the Nou Camp for the Champions League last-16 match on 4 March.

"We have received some footage showing Celtic supporters singing some alleged anti-Queen and pro-IRA songs - sectarian songs," he said.

Source - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7318430.stm

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

raheny red wrote: »
    While it is a great pic I still believe that it was 'staged'.

Of course it was staged.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is pretty dumb IMO.

Good stunt!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Ive seen the odd rangers jersey in Dublin - I believe there is a secretive "Dublin Loyal" supporters club that meets in a secret location in the south city centre.

Both sides of the old firm are let down by sectarian knuckledraggers - predominantly scots with no connection to irish politics or religion.

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Ive seen the odd rangers jersey in Dublin - I believe there is a secretive "Dublin Loyal" supporters club that meets in a secret location in the south city centre.

Both sides of the old firm are let down by sectarian knuckledraggers - predominantly scots with no connection to irish politics or religion.

Yup, there is a Dublin Loyal Rangers Supporters Club, nearly all born in the 06 or Scotland.

Ironic that a Hibs fan is calling Celtic sectarian when Hibs themselves had a sectarian "Catholics only" policy as well.

I have never ever heard an anti-Protestant song sung at Celtic Park - never. Bet you can't name even one that you've heard sung - just one.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

What sectarian songs were Celtic fans singing???

I suppose it depends on your definition of what sectarian is, to be strict about it even following any football team could be deemed to be sectarian. For the sake of this argument though my definition of sectarian would be something that's anti-Protestant.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

What sectarian songs were Celtic fans singing???

I suppose it depends on your definition of what sectarian is, to be strict about it even following any football team could be deemed to be sectarian. For the sake of this argument though my definition of sectarian would be something that's anti-Protestant.

Interesting that you've chosen to ignore my long post on sectarianism within Rangers FC, perhaps because you have an agenda???

Just to counter your post here's a Press Release from Celtic from earlier today refuting the media allegations (by the way ALL Celtic fans are well used to negative stories appearing in the run up to a big Celtic game, it happens EVERY single time we have a game, as David Murray (or "Sir" David Murray for those West Brit sycophants on here) Majority owner of Rangers says "I've got 80% of the Scottish media in my pocket.

celtic football club statement
    Newsroom Staff
    FOLLOWING media reports claiming that UEFA has launched an investigation into the behaviour of some supporters during their recent visit to Barcelona, Celtic has released the following statement.

“Celtic Football Club has not been informed of any UEFA investigation concerning our visit to Barcelona and would be surprised if any was to take place.

“Indeed, Celtic supporters have already been praised highly by UEFA for their behaviour and were also applauded by FC Barcelona, the Catalan police, the people of the city and the Catalan media.

“Celtic Football Club states quite clearly that as a club open to all, it stands firmly against all forms of bigotry and sectarianism. This can be seen from the great volume of work which Celtic carries out in this area.

“The club condemns any small minority who choose to indulge in any form of negative or offensive behaviour.

“As a club open to all since 1888, Celtic once again re-iterates its commitment to combatting any form of bigotry or unacceptable conduct."

Why do you support Sell Thick bobbysands81?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Belfast_Hibby

Ironic that a Hibs fan is calling Celtic sectarian when Hibs themselves had a sectarian "Catholics only" policy as well.

True, but completely inaccurate regarding the current debate.

As the song goes, Mr. Sands, "if you know your history", I believe you'll find that Hibernian only had a Catholics-only signing policy when they were a community team for the Irish Catholic community in Edinburgh. Hibs then scrapped the policy in 1888 when they became a profit-making business and not a non-profit making charity organisation. When this happened, they made a clear policy to become a secular team, with no consideration given to religion when signing players, and no discrimination amongst the fanbase.

You'll find that a lot of Hibs fans now are Protestant, mainly because Hibernian took the step forward first, and because Edinburgh is a mainly Protestant city. I'm involved in the NI Hibs SC, and many of our members are from different religious backgrounds. The terms "Catholic" and "Protestant" never come into it, because we don't care, we're just there for the football and the love of the team.

Yes, some of our fanbase do feel the need to bring tricolours to Easter Road and sing "Irish" songs, but they're very much in the minority. Our team anthem is a song about the place where Hibs play, Leith, and is sung by musicians from the place who are massive Hibs fans, The Proclaimers.

While meaning no disrespect to Celtic or the team's fans, as I know many fans who are liberal and open-minded, many Celtic fans are a long way from reaching that point. I only hope that day will come soon, because quite frankly the whole Celtic-Rangers thing is getting tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Why is everyone getting so wound up over two British teams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Belfast_Hibby

Why is everyone getting so wound up over two British teams?

But...but...Celtic aren't British!! They're an Irish team, playing in a Scottish league!! :eek:

Or so they tell me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Yup, there is a Dublin Loyal Rangers Supporters Club, nearly all born in the 06 or Scotland.

I have never ever heard an anti-Protestant song sung at Celtic Park - never. Bet you can't name even one that you've heard sung - just one.

I think you will find that policy has LONG been abandoned. I can honestly say I have never heard any sectarian chants/songs at Easter Road. I have heard the odd irish song and our support may fly the tricolour with a nod to our history, but as im sure you will agree thats another thing altogether.

Many hibs fans are descended from the irish immigrant community in Edinburgh, but our support has been made up of people from across the community with diverse backgrounds since the start of the twentieth century.

To be honest I dont think many songs celtic fans sing are specifically "anti-protestant", although several ulster-born hibs players in recent years have been subject to "dirty orange bastard" chants by your support. We need to get out of the pattern in Scotland of recycling religious bigotry through football in each generation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Why do you support Sell Thick bobbysands81?

Ah here Gav, calling them Sell Thick is just insulting to genuine fans :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement