Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangers Jersey

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Would you, or anyone else, like to tell me why they think that Noel Hunt is being booed by Rangers fans on TV at the moment?

I won't give my opinion, I'll just pose the question.

Because he's the dirtbag who spat in Bert Konterman's face. That a good enough answer for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Because he's the dirtbag who spat in Bert Konterman's face. That a good enough answer for you?

Never heard of that before but if true then yup it's a good enough reason.

Any reason why all the other Irish born players are booed at Ibrox, did they all spit too?

Never heard of that before but if true then yup it's a good enough reason.

Any reason why all the other Irish born players are booed at Ibrox?

Yes it is true. Feel free to google it. Happened in a league game in 2003. And I'm sure he wasn't the first Sell Thick supporter to taunt Rangers.

And I know you just want poeple to say "Cause they're sectarian scum" so why not just say it yourself?

Yes it is true. Feel free to google it. Happened in a league game in 2003. And I'm sure he wasn't the first Sell Thick supporter to taunt Rangers.

And I know you just want poeple to say "Cause they're sectarian scum" so why not just say it yourself?

Sell Thick??? What's that all about???

It's a term used to seperate the real and proper Celtic fans from the scum who wear the jersey as part of a uniform and who go around spitting in the faces of people associated with Rangers.

• Advertisement

It's a term used to seperate the real and proper Celtic fans from the scum who wear the jersey as part of a uniform and who go around spitting in the faces of people associated with Rangers.

That's a very vast generalisation there pal. I've never seen any Celtic fan ever spit (or anything similar) in the direction of a Rangers fan.

However people who subject others to racist and sectarian treatment will always find themselves getting into scrapes... don't speak out about that though eh?

Also nice to see you ignore all the racist and sectarian abuse directed at Irish and Celtic players. Artur Boruc was subjected to a sectarian banner being waved right behind his goal last weekend at Ibrox.

But hey keep blaming the victims.

That's a very vast generalisation there pal. I've never seen any Celtic fan ever spit (or anything similar) in the direction of a Rangers fan.

I never said I saw a Celtic fan do anything like that either. I have however seen skangers in Celtic jerseys do such things. Massive difference. And I don't consider them supporters in the proper sense of the word.
    However people who subject others to racist and sectarian treatment will always find themselves getting into scrapes... don't speak out about that though eh?

Yawn. We get it. You hate Rangers. you support Celtic. It's the natural rivalry. Same way I hate United. F*ck your politics and concentrate on the football.

I never said I saw a Celtic fan do anything like that either. I have however seen skangers in Celtic jerseys do such things. Massive difference. And I don't consider them supporters in the proper sense of the word.

Yawn. We get it. You hate Rangers. you support Celtic. It's the natural rivalry. Same way I hate United. F*ck your politics and concentrate on the football.

Sport and politics are inseparable.

Sport and politics are inseparable.

If it was then I'd support Celtic. I don't. It's closed minded people like you that can't see sport as a way to overcome barriers.

Mairt wrote: »
    Look what I caught, a boards.ie member with a Celtic top and a Tri-colour tattoo. And drinking Guinness also :mad: - must be up to no good :rolleyes:

Yes, its me!.

No offence but you look like a bit of a skanger.Plus the fact that you used to get head off drunk women while you were working as a bouncer and used to take gear doesn't really give the celtic jersey wearing crowd a fine reputation.

• Advertisement

If it was then I'd support Celtic. I don't. It's closed minded people like you that can't see sport as a way to overcome barriers.

Sell Thick?

closed minded?

No offence mhate but I'm speaking out against racism and sectarianism and you're calling me closed minded? How does that work??? Read the Celtic social charter and you'll see that Celtic never have and never will discriminate against anyone yet you're being closed minded about Celtic and your false perception of them.

Keep having a go at Celtic though whilst ignoring the white elephant in the room... and that is the team that has and still does discriminate but you keep your prejudiced ramblings to attacking Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would you, or anyone else, like to tell me why they think that Noel Hunt is being booed by Rangers fans on TV at the moment?

I won't give my opinion, I'll just pose the question.

Someone being booed at a football match in Scotland? You're joking, right?:eek: Anywya, I think Xavi answered said question.
    Read the Celtic social charter and you'll see that Celtic never have and never will discriminate against anyone yet you're being closed minded about Celtic and your false perception of them.

In the interests of balance, you should really point out that Rangers have a similar charter in place which.

Now, I'm going shopping. Do you need anything?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Sell Thick?

closed minded?

No offence mhate but I'm speaking out against racism and sectarianism and you're calling me closed minded? How does that work??? Read the Celtic social charter and you'll see that Celtic never have and never will discriminate against anyone yet you're being closed minded about Celtic and your false perception of them.

Keep having a go at Celtic though whilst ignoring the white elephant in the room... and that is the team that has and still does discriminate but you keep your prejudiced ramblings to attacking Celtic.

I have never once attacked Celtic Football Club or it's true supporters. I have attacked the scum who go around abusing people for wearing a Rangers jersey. And that is what happened at the beginning of this thread. A simple and valid question was asked yet the knob ends took it upon themselves to turn the thread into a place to air their political views once again.

Who gives a b*llox whether you like Rangers or not. The OP never asked your opinion so no need to give it.

I have never once attacked Celtic Football Club or it's true supporters. I have attacked the scum who go around abusing people for wearing a Rangers jersey. And that is what happened at the beginning of this thread. A simple and valid question was asked yet the knob ends took it upon themselves to turn the thread into a place to air their political views once again.

Who gives a b*llox whether you like Rangers or not. The OP never asked your opinion so no need to give it.

LOL! You're getting childish now, play the ball not the man.

Threads evolve, that's what happenes, you've helped this thread evolve with some of your posts as well so why are you bothering posting something which is not what the OP wanted?

You attack the scum that go around abusing people for wearing a Rangers jersey... but you say you have never seen it happen? Strange too that you attack only one side, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Celtic, you shouldn't, we welcome all regardless of colour, class, creed, political hue, we are a broad and open church and welcome all.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Someone being booed at a football match in Scotland? You're joking, right?:eek: Anywya, I think Xavi answered said question.

In the interests of balance, you should really point out that Rangers have a similar charter in place which.

Now, I'm going shopping. Do you need anything?

But what about all the other Irish players that get booed at Ibrox, have they all done something wrong???

You are Xavi are coming across as apologists for sectarianism and racism.

Same way I hate United. F*ck your politics and concentrate on the football.
    It's closed minded people like you that can't see sport as a way to overcome barriers.

How do you reconcile those two posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I agree Bobbysands, and this is a guy who played football with an Arteta Rangers jersey.

The thing is Xavi, the 'hardcore' Rangers fans are the worse for bigotry, its the casual ones who couldn't care less.

No offence but you look like a bit of a skanger.Plus the fact that you used to get head off drunk women while you were working as a bouncer and used to take gear doesn't really give the celtic jersey wearing crowd a fine reputation.

That was ****ing horrible. Why would you say that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

That was ****ing horrible. Why would you say that?

+1 Very harsh post fom Dazzler. I don't know Máirt apart from seeing his posts on Boards and he seems like a decent enough bloke. You should learn to judge people by their actions/words and not their appearance. Although having said that, if I was to judge Máirt on his appearance I would come to the conclusion that you wouldn't dare say that sh*t to his face. Looks like a big f*cker to me.

LOL! You're getting childish now, play the ball not the man.

Threads evolve, that's what happenes, you've helped this thread evolve with some of your posts as well so why are you bothering posting something which is not what the OP wanted?

You attack the scum that go around abusing people for wearing a Rangers jersey... but you say you have never seen it happen? Strange too that you attack only one side, you seem to have a chip on your shoulder about Celtic, you shouldn't, we welcome all regardless of colour, class, creed, political hue, we are a broad and open church and welcome all.

Read my post again please. I said I've never seen a real Celtic fan do it. I have however seen skangers who wear Celtic jerseys doing it. How many times do I have to post that before you see the difference between the two?
    How do you reconcile those two posts?

What are you on about? I said that football is a way people get together and enjoy something that isn't about where you come from, what colour you are or what religion you believe in. Clubs like Celtic and Rangers alienate people and I don't support that.

• Advertisement

bobbysands81, I think you're missing Xavi6's point

He is not attacking Celtic or their fans - I think at one point in this thread he said he has a Celtic jersey himself.

I like Celtic, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan as I think the league is **** and I find it hard to get worked up about them. However, I do love to see them do well in Europe. However, I have a Celtic jersey which I rarely wear as it gives the wrong impression - although this can be as much in the minds of other people too.

What Xavi6 is having a go at is people's assumption that Rangers fans are sectarian bigots. This is true for a lot of so-called Rangers fans but the same can also be said of Celtic fans (again so-called). You can't assume something of a huge section of the poulation based on the team they support. For Christ's sake, Xavi6 himself supports the blue Moss Side filth (I assume I can say that here as we're not in the soccer forum)

What are you on about? I said that football is a way people get together and enjoy something that isn't about where you come from, what colour you are or what religion you believe in. Clubs like Celtic and Rangers alienate people and I don't support that.

You slated me earlier because I don't believe that sport and politics can be separated. You said sport should be a vehicle for bringing people together but then you say that you hate Man United - I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

Collie D wrote: »
    What Xavi6 is having a go at is people's assumption that Rangers fans are sectarian bigots. This is true for a lot of so-called Rangers fans but the same can also be said of Celtic fans (again so-called).

I don't deny that Celtic has it's share of idiots.

However, you cannot compare the two sets of fans as being anything like even similar. I have given plenty of examples of institutionalised sectarianism on the Rangers side, the same examples are just not there on the Celtic side and I challenge anyone to come up with examples that show us both to be as bad as each other. In fact 100 euro to GOAL from me if anyone can prove it.

Celtic and Rangers are polar opposits of each other and not the two sides of the one coin tosh that is throughout this thread and elsewhere. Now that there's money for charity on the line it's time for folk to put up and shut up. 100 euro if I'm wrong, anyone up for the challenge?

Collie D wrote: »
    bobbysands81, I think you're missing Xavi6's point

He is not attacking Celtic or their fans - I think at one point in this thread he said he has a Celtic jersey himself.

I like Celtic, I wouldn't call myself a huge fan as I think the league is **** and I find it hard to get worked up about them. However, I do love to see them do well in Europe. However, I have a Celtic jersey which I rarely wear as it gives the wrong impression - although this can be as much in the minds of other people too.

What Xavi6 is having a go at is people's assumption that Rangers fans are sectarian bigots. This is true for a lot of so-called Rangers fans but the same can also be said of Celtic fans (again so-called). You can't assume something of a huge section of the poulation based on the team they support. For Christ's sake, Xavi6 himself supports the blue Moss Side filth (I assume I can say that here as we're not in the soccer forum)

I would argue the 'real' fans are Sectarian.

The fake fans just hate Rangers because they think they should, because its what their friends, uncles tells them. The true fans know exactly why they hate each other.

You slated me earlier because I don't believe that sport and politics can be separated. You said sport should be a vehicle for bringing people together but then you say that you hate Man United - I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in your post.

Where's the hyporcrisy? Yes I hate United as it's a natural thing to do to your local rivals. I don't hate United because of the political/religious of their fans and they aren't bigots who are set in their ways. I hate them for footballing reasons, unlike Celtic/Rangers fans.

Where's the hyporcrisy? Yes I hate United as it's a natural thing to do to your local rivals. I don't hate United because of the political/religious of their fans and they aren't bigots who are set in their ways. I hate them for footballing reasons, unlike Celtic/Rangers fans.

Your hypocrisy is that you said that sport should be used to bring people together then you say you hate ManU for the irrational reason that they support a different team to you.

1. How is that helping to bring people together?

2. How can you hate someone because of what football team they support? That is pure bigotry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

But what about all the other Irish players that get booed at Ibrox, have they all done something wrong???

You are Xavi are coming across as apologists for sectarianism and racism.

...and so back to the Rangers and ex-Rangers fans who get booed at Lansdowne Road. What have they done wrong?

And how are we coming across as apolgists for sectarianism? Aren't you the one saying that, yes, Celtic fans can be sectarian/racist/biggoted but it's okay because Rangers fans are far worse?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Oh and by the way, shame on you for your lies:

The Scottish Football Association are to take no action after reviewing an alleged spitting incident during Rangers' Tennent's Scottish Cup tie at Dunfermline.

Rangers fans contacted the ruling body's Hampden Park headquarters claiming former Dunfermline's Shamrock Rovers striker Noel Hunt had spat at Rangers midfielder Bert Konterman.

But, after reviewing video footage, the SFA have decided there is no case to answer.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2003/0328/breaking37.htm

• Advertisement

Your hypocrisy is that you said that sport should be used to bring people together then you say you hate ManU for the irrational reason that they support a different team to you.

1. How is that helping to bring people together?

2. How can you hate someone because of what football team they support? That is pure bigotry.

1. Because I can happily sit in a pub of United fans and watch the game without causing a fight if we happen to lose. See how many Rangers fans you find in Dublin when an Old Firm game is on. I don't abuse people for wearing a United jersey yet the OP here was for expressing an interest in a Rangers one.

2. I don't hate the people. Never said I did so stop putting words in my mouth. I only hate the team.
    Oh and by the way, shame on you for your lies:

The Scottish Football Association are to take no action after reviewing an alleged spitting incident during Rangers' Tennent's Scottish Cup tie at Dunfermline.

Rangers fans contacted the ruling body's Hampden Park headquarters claiming former Dunfermline's Shamrock Rovers striker Noel Hunt had spat at Rangers midfielder Bert Konterman.

But, after reviewing video footage, the SFA have decided there is no case to answer.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2003/0328/breaking37.htm

Where are these lies? You asked for a reason why Rangers fans were booing him and I gave you one, a valid one at that as in their eyes he spat at one of their players. Every other set of fans does the same. Read the match report of the game. Hunt was acting the b*llox throughout, so much so that Barry Ferguson got sent off for chopping him down. That's why he was booed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement