Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rangers Jersey

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    ...and so back to the Rangers and ex-Rangers fans who get booed at Lansdowne Road. What have they done wrong?

And how are we coming across as apolgists for sectarianism? Aren't you the one saying that, yes, Celtic fans can be sectarian/racist/biggoted but it's okay because Rangers fans are far worse?

I'll type slowly so hopefully you'll understand this time.

They were booed at an Ireland game, by Ireland fans. They represent a sectarian and racist football club that has actively discriminated against Catholic and Irish people. Now try and work out the reason from that that they would be booed at an Irish game.

I presented a list of quotes from Rangers players over the last few years speaking about the institutionalised anti-Catholicism that's at the club, complete with links.

I'm surprised that you're surprised that representatives of such a club might be booed. To try and present this as a sectarian action is utter nonsense. These players were not being booed because of their religion but because of the "exclusive" club they play for.

On your second point I'll type even slower.

Under no circumstances is any form of sectarianism or racism acceptable. I would be harder on a Celtic fan showing any sort of racism/sectarianism than I would a Rangers fan'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

To be fair, that point about the players like Averladze(?) being booed at Lansdowne was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Xavi6 wrote: »
    1. Because I can happily sit in a pub of United fans and watch the game without causing a fight if we happen to lose. See how many Rangers fans you find in Dublin when an Old Firm game is on. I don't abuse people for wearing a United jersey yet the OP here was for expressing an interest in a Rangers one.

2. I don't hate the people. Never said I did so stop putting words in my mouth. I only hate the team.

Where are these lies? You asked for a reason why Rangers fans were booing him and I gave you one, a valid one at that as in their eyes he spat at one of their players. Every other set of fans does the same. Read the match report of the game. Hunt was acting the b*llox throughout, so much so that Barry Ferguson got sent off for chopping him down. That's why he was booed.

Dublin is "behind enemy lines" for Rangers fans thus Dubs are their enemy thus not many people supporting Rangers are from Dublin. Oh and did we mention their racism towards Irish people yet???

The reality is that he didn't spit at Konterman, he was cleared of wrongdoing yet he's still guilty in your prejudiced eyes. And of course it's his fault that poor Barry got sent off for chopping him down!!!

You're getting more entertaining, and prejudiced, as this goes on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To be fair, that point about the players like Averladze(?) being booed at Lansdowne was excellent.

Not really as "irish" Celtic fans booed irish players who played in England.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

KdjaCl, I didn't get that point.

Who did they boo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dublin is "behind enemy lines" for Rangers fans thus Dubs are their enemy thus not many people supporting Rangers are from Dublin. Oh and did we mention their racism towards Irish people yet???

The reality is that he didn't spit at Konterman, he was cleared of wrongdoing yet he's still guilty in your prejudiced eyes. And of course it's his fault that poor Barry got sent off for chopping him down!!!

You're getting more entertaining, and prejudiced, as this goes on!!!

I couldn't give a f*ck whether he's guilty or not. I don't like Rangers, Celtic, or Scottish football. You were the one who asked why he was being booed and I told you. RANGERS fans think he spat at Konterman and think he was winding up Ferguson, not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,406 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'll type slowly so hopefully you'll understand this time.

They were booed at an Ireland game, by Ireland fans. They represent a sectarian and racist football club that has actively discriminated against Catholic and Irish people. Now try and work out the reason from that that they would be booed at an Irish game.

I presented a list of quotes from Rangers players over the last few years speaking about the institutionalised anti-Catholicism that's at the club, complete with links.

I'm surprised that you're surprised that representatives of such a club might be booed. To try and present this as a sectarian action is utter nonsense. These players were not being booed because of their religion but because of the "exclusive" club they play for.

On your second point I'll type even slower.

Under no circumstances is any form of sectarianism or racism acceptable. I would be harder on a Celtic fan showing any sort of racism/sectarianism than I would a Rangers fan'.

How do I know you're typing this slowly? After you trying to convince us that Rangers was "sectarian and institutionalised from top to bottom" only to find that they've been prasied by UEFA for their anti-bigotry stance, I find anything you tell me difficult to believe.

Claudio Reyna NO LONGER represented Rangers at the time he was booed. Regardless of Rangers past attitudes, you said early that you apporved of one of Rangers gestures as an attempt to stop the rot. Surely booing Ex-Rangers players is going against this trend and keeping such sentiments alive?

Say what you like about quotes from players and ex-players, but is this the present-day offical line of the club? Should the Man United ethos be judged on the words of Gary Neville?

I agree with your last point, but as I've said, I've seen Celtic fans act in appalllngly sectarian ways with my own eyes. Such behaveious seems to tolerated by Celtic fans (not nessecarily by you personally, I accept) because they see Rangers fans doing it and think it's ok to reltaliate.

If you want to see sectarianism and bigotry out of Scottish football, the first thing you're going to have to do is stop screaming at Rangers. What are you trying to achieve by dragging it up? Is your hatred and continued attention to said policies more important than cleaning up the image of the Old Firm in the present?

If you keep picking at a scab, it will never heal - and that's a point made to BOTH sides.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

*Meanwhile back on topic*

I'm wondering if nomadphase managed to get the jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Profiler

I support Celtic because of their cultural, political and historical background in Ireland, Scotland and throughout the world. Very few clubs have a history like Celtic have and without Ireland, and the failure of her politics, there would be no Celtic. The day that Celtic becomes "just a football club" is the day I stop supporting us. "Until the last rebel..." I support Celtic because they represent me.

A Green Brigade member I see.

For those who don't know the Green Brigade is a selection of Celtic fans, who amongst other things are anti PLC.

Unfortunately for so bobbysands81 Celtic Football Club is a PLC. So bobby is a little confused.

Bobbysands81 and his pals at the Green Brigade are fortunately in the minority and do not represent the vast majority of genuine Celtic fans.

Neither do the people who Xavi6 talks about.

I have to admit to being taken back by some of your comments Xavi6. I hear a lot of similar things in the Press especially from the Fanning clan at the Independent and also one or two people on the staff at Newstalk.

I'm not going to deny that there is an element amongst the Celtic support that is a disgrace. I was at the away leg of the Copenhagen game in last years Champions League and I was threatened by a few scumbags in the Celtic end when I told them to shut up singing about the IRA and sing about Celtic.

I also got a heap of abuse at the Drogheda -V- Helsingborg UEFA cup tie when I was told to "Eff off back because I was only there for Larsson"

You'd think a League of Ireland club would be grateful for the revenue :confused:

However all I see here in this thread is the same old prejudices, Celtic /Rangers ones, League Of Ireland / Scottish Premier League ones, English Premier League/ Scottish Premier League ones.

It seems to me that we have a lot more in common then we have that separates us!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,193 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I couldn't give a f*ck whether he's guilty or not. I don't like Rangers, Celtic, or Scottish football. You were the one who asked why he was being booed and I told you. RANGERS fans think he spat at Konterman and think he was winding up Ferguson, not me.

You don't like Scottish football and you don't like Rangers or Celtic yet you happen to know what the Rangers fans think and their reasons for doing certain things :confused::confused:

They may be booing Hunt for the reasons you said but how can you come here and state with certainly considering you don't follow or like Scottish football?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

nomadphase wrote: »
    Hi,

Does anyone have an idea of where to buy a Glasgow Rangers Jersey in Dublin?

The troll has been well and truely fed at this stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Closed.

I think we have established were to buy a Rangers Jersey in Dublin,if anybody wants to continue this topic you can start a thread in Soccer or Politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement