Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to change oil in the Laois area.

Options
  • 27-03-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi there.

First of all, if that's not the right place, please redirect me to one.

I bought a car some time ago, my first one. I know nothing 'bout the cars except from how to drive. I was told to change the oil every now and then and I think the time is coming.

Now, my question would be, where is the best place to do so? What would be your suggestions?

I’m based in Portlaoise and most obvious choice would be somewhere around but I don’t mind driving somewhere else. The main point is that as I’m at work all the days (I commute to Dublin) the only time I can go to some kind of a garage or service station is in the evening time – seven, half seven or so.

Would you know any place that I could go that late?

The other thing is, as I’ve almost no spare time at all, it would be the best if the service station offered full service, so to say. I mean, if I could just leave the car there, wait for couple of minutes (I’ve no idea how long does it take to change the oil) and have the car ready.

Would you know any place with such service or is it always up to the driver what sort of oil / filter he / she buys?

I'd really appreciate your advices,
    Best regards.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Peter I used RS Auto's in Portarlington a while ago for a pretty major job and would recommend them in a heartbeat for car jobs.

But if it were me needing to do this I would be looking for a garage near to where I worked and get it done either during the day or at least try at lunchtime. Would that not suit better?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

Thank you for the recommendation.

I've been actually thinking of going to work by car and trying to change the oil there, but - to be honest - driving up and down to Dublin is not the best idea. Especialy during the week.

If I can't find anything near here, that would be the option, but at least I wanted to try.

Advertisement