Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else hate recruitment agencies, girls?

Options
  • 27-03-2008 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

i officially hate recruitment agencies.......all they do is lie through their teeth. i have never dealt with such a pack of underqualified idiots in my entire life. They just act as a barrier to talking directly to the company!!!! i really dont see the point and so you know the crazy rates they charge for what they pretend is consulting work!!! f*ckin used cars salesmen the lot of them!!!!:mad::mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Skobyonekenobi

Yeah

throw a load of CV's at a wall and see which one sticks.

On top of that never answer your phone.

I don't understand how those clowns can operate on voicemail only.

Never leave a message on voicemail.....if my call is so important to you.....ANSWER IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Yes, they are the spawn of Satan. True story.

Someone fobbed off a recruitment agent with my phone no last year, and she has rang me 25-30 times so far and always at the most inopportune time.
    Do you think if I wanted a job she'd be half as diligent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

They are about as useful as tits on a bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I was in a bad one before. Now I'm in a much better one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

They're mostly ugly and fat, mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Just one step above from my most hated female variety. Human Resource Witches. You're not my friend and just cause you sleep with all the guys doesn't make you one of them. Yukky, stupid, slutty cows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭PCB

my own cv actually landed on my desk one day from one agency.....and on multiple occasions they have called the places where i worked looking for a reference!! to be fair i did deal with one crowd that were actually really good but they appear to be one in a million!!!!!!!!11:confused:

Grawns wrote: »
    Just one step above from my most hated female variety. Human Resource Witches. You're not my friend and just cause you sleep with all the guys doesn't make you one of them. Yukky, stupid, slutty cows.

Don't hold back now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Depends on the recruitment agency.
    beerbaron wrote: »
    They're mostly ugly and fat, mostly.
    Not the ones in the three agencies I dealt with. Yes, the first agency fukked me over good, but the second and third were great.
    Grawns wrote: »
    Are you for real? That's like something a 15-year-old would say.

I wouldn't normally target an individual's punctuation but in this case I think it's necessary to point out that the thread title should read "Anyone else hate recruitment agencies, girls?"

People appear to be assuming that the OP is only referring to females who work in recruitment agencies. Although instead of them asking the OP why she's only focusing on females instead of males, they're agreeing...

• Advertisement

Dudess is right....damn my poor punctuation!!!!!!!!!!!!! thnx

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭jacko

uesd to share a house with a girl that worked in a recruitment agency before, she was without doubt worst person I've ever had the misfortune to know. from hearing her rants about what they did (well where she worked anyway - I cant vouch for any other agencies) I'd have to say that they're the worst kind of people I've ever heard of. (Lies, deceit, backstabbing, fighting... would make for a great tv series)

maybe it was just the fact that I personally couldn't stand the girl but if she's the kind of person that works in that business then it truely is a terrible line of work to get into - well apart from the ridiculous wages they can get without having a decent qualification

Dudess wrote: »

I wouldn't normally target an individual's punctuation but in this case I think it's necessary to point out that the thread title should read "Anyone else hate recruitment agencies, girls?"

People appear to be assuming that the OP is only referring to females who work in recruitment agencies. Although instead of them asking the OP why she's only focusing on females instead of males, they're agreeing...

I knew what PCB meant, regarding all recruitment agencies, not just the females that work for them and I still think they're all the spawn of Satan.

I don't really see why people bother with them anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

I don't hate them, seeing as I do contract work I have to deal with em alot. There are a good few sharks out there that just want you to sign on the dotted line and such but then it's all a matter of knowing how to handle them. I've gotten a few to pay for lunch for me before and such, its fun!

not to mention I enjoy the attention the lavish on me. I update my CV(or resume as they call it here) and the next day I'm swamped with calls asking me to let them represent me. Once you treat them like dirt they love you it seems.

its because its come to a point where these agencies have created a wall between employers and prospective employees and the employers have to pay the cost to see whats over the wall.

Some agencies you talk to the "consultants" know their market and have experience in it but others are some of the dumbest people ever to pretend to be a professional!! There is one company in particular that begins with H and has 4 letters that is notoriuos for this. They will give any monkey with a wrench a job and let them take control of your career.

They really should regulate these cowboys!!!!!!!!!!1:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Okay didn't know about the wrong punctuation but they really are my pet hate. Never came accross any male HR. Am fairly sure they're tossers too.
    I make no apologies.

Recruitment agencies and HR work hand in hand. Rock hard place springs to mind.

Anyone else hate HR? Read this

It's unfair to make such sweeping generalisations though. They're not all "out to get" us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Dudess wrote: »
    It's unfair to make such sweeping generalisations though. They're not all "out to get" us.

No, there out to 'not get you a job'

Yep, their sole purpose in life is to be kunts to people.

Sure, they can be, but it's not actually the reason for their existence. People take it WAY too personally.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i am being haranged by about three agencies at the moment, i put my CV in with them about 5 years ago, they never called me once but now they want me soooooo bad, even though i have told them i dont work in that particular field anymore

• Advertisement

You traitorous wench!

i know.....they are impossible to get a hold of when you dont need them but the minute they think they can make a quick buck there is about fifty of them beating down your door.

I really wanna start a a boycott of these idiots!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

lol

1. There are idiots in ever business in the country
    2. There are male and female sluts in every business in the country
    3. Recruitment agencies that randomly throw cvs and people at jobs are no worse than say, people who don't research agencies before giving them their CV or details

i have to say that statement is quite true. Im prob being a bit unfair by painting every agency with the same brush because, as i have previously mentioned, i have come across a small number of excellent agencies. I would strongly recommend Brightwater to anyone. However it depends what consultant you get working for you in there. Most of the senior people are good but i know a few people more junior than myself that have found this company terrible!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

Oh my god just came upon this thread. Its so true. I have been hounded by them for about a year then a few months ago I sent out a c.v. to 3 different agencies and I haven't heard one thing back. The worst thing is the way they make you go for an interview with them as well even if they've already met you before. So you have to take even more time off and go for like a million interviews before actually going for an interview for the position you want. its a joke. Thanks for putting this thread up. I'm also a mega hater of Recruitment Agencies. What is their point??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

PCB wrote: »
    i have to say that statement is quite true. Im prob being a bit unfair by painting every agency with the same brush because, as i have previously mentioned, i have come across a small number of excellent agencies. I would strongly recommend Brightwater to anyone. However it depends what consultant you get working for you in there. Most of the senior people are good but i know a few people more junior than myself that have found this company terrible!!:eek:

Anyone else like to rec an agency?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

PCB - I know of the agency you're talking about through a friend and he's not their greatest advocate! He was covering maternity leave, his contract expires shortly and he's getting no joy out of contacting them. Sucks!

On the other hand, I just started a new job this week with a fantastic, really friendly company. I first talked to the recruitment agency I used about a month ago. Within a week of talking to the first recruitment agent in the company I had four interviews and two job offers (the other companies didn't have a chance to get back to me). I had other interviews lined up that I never went to, because I already had offers from the two companies I wanted to work for most. Fifteen days after I got my job offer I started work. This has been my first and only dealing with a recruitment agency, and I have to say it hasn't been a bad one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

I used to work in a recruitment agency. The job of a recruiter is really high pressured, target driven with a low base salary. So if they want to get a decent wage they have to make lots of placements.

IMO, it's just like other sales jobs-but you can really mess with people's careers if you push them into a job that they don't want-something that can happen very easily if you have someone doing everything they can to get you into a particular job for the sake of their own wage.

<snip- you're right BUT we can't say that :P - Silverfish>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

A good agent is hard to find. Some professions actually need them, provided they are connected (for models, actors, and authors).

• Advertisement
Advertisement