Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing eircom broadband just after midnight

• 27-03-2008 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

I have eircom broadband. Last night/this morning at around 12.15 a.m I lost the connection to the internet. This also happened last Thursday night/Friday morning around the same time. The internet light on the netopia nwg2247 router was red.The self help of the modem indicated a problem with the bgateway but that is indicated now and I am on nline so it does not seem reliable

When I tried to restart the modem from within the interface it said there was a problem and I should contact the help desk.Worked OK following morning both times.

Last week I thought it was my computer and or modem but twice at the same time of day seems strange. I wondered if there would be a problem with their servers. Before I ask them can I ask if anyone else has experienced this? I have windows home premium

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

How long do you lose the connection for? It could just be eircom resetting your connection to update their logs, reset your ip address, etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭admol

You could have a virus, spyware or a combination of both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭masterwriter

admol wrote: »
    You could have a virus, spyware or a combination of both
    Hope not have av and several security progasall updated and none ever finding anything other than few tracking cookies

How long do you lose the connection for
    Since it was late at nigh I did not spend more than say 15 mins trying to solve it with reboot/reset the router
    It could just be eircom resetting your connection to update their logs, reset your ip address, etc
    That occurred to me I think I will give them a call

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,433 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I have eircom broadband. Last night/this morning at around 12.15 a.m I lost the connection to the internet. This also happened last Thursday night/Friday morning around the same time. The internet light on the netopia nwg2247 router was red.The self help of the modem indicated a problem with the bgateway but that is indicated now and I am on nline so it does not seem reliable

When I tried to restart the modem from within the interface it said there was a problem and I should contact the help desk.Worked OK following morning both times.

Last week I thought it was my computer and or modem but twice at the same time of day seems strange. I wondered if there would be a problem with their servers. Before I ask them can I ask if anyone else has experienced this? I have windows home premium

Does your heating or freezer come on at that time?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Does your heating or freezer come on at that time?
    No, nothing like that, TV was still on in another room. Thanks all

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

No, nothing like that, TV was still on in another room. Thanks all

Could be McDowells Data Hoover :cool: ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I have been getting the same thing, nearly every evening for the last few weeks after 9 it goes dead, red light.

The last 2 weeks i have had sky and landline plugged out and still hapening, called eircon tecnhical nonsupport and they were as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

Could it be the modem itself or an issue with the line,it is fine during the day, never drops out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 drunken_monkey

oleras wrote: »
    Could it be the modem itself or an issue with the line,it is fine during the day, never drops out.

Hi

Definitely not; I am using a Netgear modem and this is happening to me every night too. It's at about 00.05 - 00.15 and lasts about 30 minutes.

I am on (I think) the Leopardstown exchange.

It would seem to be Eircom resetting their servers or something. The strange thing is, my modem suggests I am connected but I don't get an IP address or connection to the Gateway device.

Strange.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

This thread is over 12 months old

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement