Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Loan Interest Rate Comparrisons

Options
  • 27-03-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I’m looking to get a 5K loan for a new car- My credit rating is fine, had 2 loans with BOI but I haven't used my acc properly for about 2 years I mainly use it for D Debits. I use Ulster Bank as my main Current Acc now- I have never taken a loan with them, no Credit Union acc!!

Is there a site that I can compare interest rates between all the outside lenders, i.e. Tesco- G.E. Money etc, or would I be better off getting one from Ulster Bank? Finally would BOI consider giving me a third loan, as I haven't used the acc for any positive activity for over 2 years!

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

spiderdan wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m looking to get a 5K loan for a new car- My credit rating is fine, had 2 loans with BOI but I haven't used my acc properly for about 2 years I mainly use it for D Debits. I use Ulster Bank as my main Current Acc now- I have never taken a loan with them, no Credit Union acc!!

Is there a site that I can compare interest rates between all the outside lenders, i.e. Tesco- G.E. Money etc, or would I be better off getting one from Ulster Bank? Finally would BOI consider giving me a third loan, as I haven't used the acc for any positive activity for over 2 years!

Cheers

tesco = no. 1
    halifax = no. 2

from recent experience
    of course i wudnt rely on my advice, check them both out yarself! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

Forget Tesco-they'll want to know your life story and then some in order to get a loan. I had one of 2.5k and it took 7 weeks to come through! It finished recently-all paid on time etc and they sent a letter offering another loan. Grand says I and rang them just to go through ANOTHER epic. Wanted three months bank statememts plus God knows how many forms signed in triplicate. Told them to forget it when they came back looking for more statements and mortgage statements!!!! I've a perfect credit record. Mortgage is pittance. The loan was for 2k. Made an application with BOI online and got approval immediately and funds in account within 10 days. No harm to try them.
    Halifax are another shower of ****. Took out car loan with them 4 years ago-now finished. Charged us 65 as arrangement fee!

Advertisement